CV joint help for Sooty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV joint help for Sooty

Hi guys, looking for a few pointers if possible, Sooty has decided to throw one of her outer Cvs. Now Jase reliably informs me that im looking for a 2.8 FWD Coupe joint. Cool.

But i think the TDi driveshaft has a spline count of 30 and the CVs i keep finding either have no info so itl be a punt or state that its 27. And if you phone a motorfactor, well you all know how knowledgeable they can be!!

So a lil inside info or pointer to where i can get the right one would be a bonus, is it a year or model thing?

As usual, much appreciated.

AL

ps this is what i keep seeing......

Psssstt ! How do you fancy some leather soon ?

Comment

sleeper avant was having the same issue look for his threads as terrybulwon put some info as t input and output spline nos

Comment

it is a hp/fwd/4wd thing.
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

"Psssstt ! How do you fancy some leather soon ?" Jeez we talk about some funny pastimes on here!! U free for a call at the weekend?

Cheers here2learn, ill have a look.

Kinda what i thought Skull, 2.8 fwd 92 i think is what im after but same vehicle seems to be listed as diffrent joints.

Comment

what was the car in origin? what gearbox does it have, what hubs does it have?
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

You know it Skull, its Sooty, Jases old TDI - S2 lookalike. Standard TDi box and driveshafts with 2.8 CVs on the on end to go into s2 hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                Psssstt ! How do you fancy some leather soon ?
                if its for going into sooty then avant stuff doesn't fit in the rear (the bench) door cards and fronts do tho.

Comment

Originally posted by als2 View Post
                  You know it Skull, its Sooty, Jases old TDI - S2 lookalike. Standard TDi box and driveshafts with 2.8 CVs on the on end to go into s2 hubs.
                  oh Sooty is still among us nice

looks like the tdi really has 30 teeth on the axle, so you need 30 and 38 teeth.

check this part numbers

VAG 895 498 099 C
                  VAG 895 498 099 D
                  SPIDAN 0.022552
                  SPIDAN 22552
                  LÖBRO 134227
                  LÖBRO 301952
                  LÖBRO 75714S
                  LÖBRO TGS4504
                  EKG 922552
                  EKG 0.0922552

but if i were you i would count the splines on the axle before buying the cv joint, just to be sure!
                  Audi Quattro WR

Comment

as above, also you need to check the clearance on the nose of the CV or it wont fit also
                    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Oh yes shes still amongst us and soon to get a make over too!!! Thanks skull, appreciate the part numbers. Didnt doubt Jase having counted the splines when he done it, just not trusting the range of data on aftermarket parts!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X