Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you would be interested in a rear LSD alternative ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you would be interested in a rear LSD alternative ?

I've been speaking to a manufacturer of high quality transmission parts to see if they would make a batch of LSDs for us. They said the minimum order would be 10 pcs. Pricing would be around $740usd.

What power they rated to?
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

They're rated for 1,000hp. Here's their website. http://www.teammfactory.com

Comment

Hi can you give more background on yourself please as this was your 1st forum post offering a group buy naturally we would like to have some more information if you intended to run a group buy.

Comment

I am interested but as above I would like some more info please

Cheers
          Alex
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Is that better than our V8 torsen diffs then?
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nÂş 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              Hi can you give more background on yourself please as this was your 1st forum post offering a group buy naturally we would like to have some more information if you intended to run a group buy.
              Hi Jamo,

I've owned several Audi's in the past(a B6, A3, and a B8) and just got to talking with my fellow Audi enthusiasts about what components are lacking in the market for specific models.

So I went looking for custom development while searching on google and found that MFactory does custom applications with a small minimum quantity.

Attached below is their email response when I contacted them.

Cheers,

Victor

Hello Victor,

Thanks for your email. We're constantly looking to expand our product range and most of our applications outside of Honda was derived from customers looking for a specific fitment for their vehicle.

We would require a 10pce commitment for our Helical differentials and if a plate differential is desired, we would require 30 pces.

An OEM sample should be sent to us where we can take precise measurements and ensure that the fitment will be correct the first time.

A 50% deposit is needed before we produce a prototype which takes about 2-3 months time. You are then able to test fit it and give us feedback and should any changes be required, we will work with you to ensure your requests are met before the remaining 50% is paid and the differentials are sent to you.

Should you have any further questions, please let me know.

--
              Cheers,
              Patrick Seto
              General Manager
              THE Replacement for Displacement!
              www.teammfactory.com

MSN: pcseto@teammfactory.com - 24hrs!
              AIM: MFactoryPatrick - 24hrs!

Stay Updated! Be a fan of ours on facebook!
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/MFacto...s/173380319860

Comment

I could be interested!

Comment

A they're helical diffs no wonder the cheap price will stick with the clutch ones that can be bought of the shelf when ready thankyou anyway.
                  UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

For me if it was a helical diff it would need to be a Wavetrac, due to drive issues caused by lifting the inside rear wheel in tight corners.
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      For me if it was a helical diff it would need to be a Wavetrac, due to drive issues caused by lifting the inside rear wheel in tight corners.
                      Agreed. A helical/Torsen diff will always this inherit disadvantage. Some people even bash Quattro for this same reason with the roller tests on one wheel.

But the way I see it is if you're making more power than the V8 rear diff swap can handle and the Quaife is too expensive. We can now have another lsd to choose.

Comment

Not necessarily, Torsen with the T2r and Wavetrac have designed around this by preloading the gears.
                        If these guy have a comparable product I am definitely interested
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ooooooooo yes please. i would be interested.

Lance
                          Boost is what makes the world go round.......!

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                            A they're helical diffs no wonder the cheap price will stick with the clutch ones that can be bought of the shelf when ready thankyou anyway.
                            can you say who sells a clutch lsd off the shelf?

Comment

Working...
                            X