Gearbox rebuild kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox rebuild kits

As above ,any links for rebuild kits, 6 speed on the S4 has a whine and thinking about stripping it.

Any thing to look out for or upgraded bearings/syncros?

I do not know about your side of the world but in the States we have a few options.

http://www.advancedautomotion.com/

http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalo...60_102_26.html

HTH, Chris
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Thanks for the links

Comment

I priced up the bits to completely rebuild an 01E and the price is scary. Bearings alone come to about £1500 as most are specific to the 01E and not commercially available. Then syncros, seals etc add another £700. If you get it done by a pro I doubt you will get any change from £3000 - quite a wounding bill!
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

http://www.advancedautomotion.com/pr...ca45c372c11a7e

This link for the complete set is 995US

Comment

Yes, but no bearings are included in that repair kit. The bearings add $ to the price of the repair as Error404 pointed out.
            "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

I see said the blind man

Comment

you might be lucky and it is the diff bearings that are gone.
                IIRC the diff bearings are about the only ones which are commercially available.
                I have a list somewhere, there are some parts shared with Porsche too, that may or may not be cheaper than Audi.
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I would appreciate the list when you have some time to look it up

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    I priced up the bits to completely rebuild an 01E and the price is scary. Bearings alone come to about £1500 as most are specific to the 01E and not commercially available. Then syncros, seals etc add another £700. If you get it done by a pro I doubt you will get any change from £3000 - quite a wounding bill!
                    I have counted bearings with all taxes, charges and delivery and it is nearly 500$ in Russia...
                    And all parts are available within 3 days.

So if understand right 500$ bearings + 1000$ rebuild kit from jhm it`s not £3000.

Plus 95` CGR Shaft+1 gear nearly 1200$ in my situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Frusciante View Post
                      I have counted bearings with all taxes, charges and delivery and it is nearly 500$ in Russia...

So if understand right 500$ bearings + 1000$ rebuild kit from jhm it`s not £3000.

Do you have a link to these bearings, available online?
                      ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Originally posted by Pat D View Post
                        Do you have a link to these bearings, available online?
                        Only in Russian, mate.

You can try google translate or click Цена and you`ll get prices in RUR.

ETKA 311-50
                        http://www.elcats.ru/audi/Parts.aspx...SubId=10200069

ETKA 311-58
                        http://www.elcats.ru/audi/Parts.aspx...SubId=1B900069

A think that all of these parts are available from your local dealer for less money...
                        Last edited by BorisShakhov; 2 April 2013, 09:35. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Frusciante View Post

you can't have added up all the parts to get to $500. Then input shaft bearings alone total over £150 + VAT.
                          output shaft bearing - £175.00 plus vat etc.... I think your Russian price info must be out of date.

EDIT:

Here is my list of all the bearings. The prices quoted are about 3 years old and plus VAT. Dealer parts prices have gone up about 20% in the last 3 years in my experience. Some of the parts cross over with Porsche parts, which might be cheaper.
                          So my original estimate of £1500 is too much, but over £1000 easy. Then syncros & seals on top, plus labour... it all adds up to being an expensive job
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Error404; 2 April 2013, 10:40.
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            you can't have added up all the parts to get to $500. Then input shaft bearings alone total over £150 + VAT.
                            output shaft bearing - £175.00 plus vat etc.... I think your Russian price info must be out of date.

EDIT:

Here is my list of all the bearings. The prices quoted are about 3 years old and plus VAT. Dealer parts prices have gone up about 20% in the last 3 years in my experience. Some of the parts cross over with Porsche parts, which might be cheaper.
                            So my original estimate of £1500 is too much, but over £1000 easy. Then syncros & seals on top, plus labour... it all adds up to being an expensive job
                            Yeah mate you are right, I have forgot 2 bearings. It's nearly £1500 altogether.

Comment

I'll take the list to our local skf dealer ans see if he can source any of them

Comment

Working...
                              X