034/jhm Solid Shifter Group Buy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
    You have 6 already here if they can clarify if all their models include the locking reverse or there are 2 different models for that
    I will get back to you on that

Comment

Email replied

Hi Campbell,*

I have just had a quick look around with regards to the reverse lock out. I have found some quotes from 034 about it "it does work but there is no built in lock out, you can take parts from your original shifter to fabricate a reverse lockout for this" *"*it will mechanically bolt in, but you will have to add a reverse lock out back in. We don't have a recommended procedure for that but we have had customers figure it out successfully.

The shifting precision is greatly improved so most find it worth while, even if they run w/o a reverse lock out"

Does it maintain reverse lockout? *No it does not. This is not necessary on 5 speeds with reverse all the way right and down, even Audi dumped it on the 99.5 and up 5 speeds and all major manufacturers like honda, ford, etc have no lockout with that 5 speed pattern. The reverse lockout contributes to some of the slop as well.*

I will ask if they do a version that includes the reverse lockout as it would be suited to cars such as the rs2. I will keep you updated.

Comment

Thanks. Because we already know that 5 speed boxes are ok without it. But its the 6 speed we all have that need it.

Also this reply you got is conflicting to an email I got from jhm who said that their product retains the lockout but the reply is not that elaborate.

Comment

Working...
        X