Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse hard to shift

Guys,

today I drove my S2 and I had a lot of issue to shift the reverse on the garage, it is very hard.

What should I look for?

Clutch is almost gone?

Thanks for the help!

Shifter Adjustment DIY

Originally posted by diogocartier View Post
    Guys, today I drove my S2 and I had a lot of issue to shift the reverse on the garage, it is very hard. What should I look for? Clutch is almost gone? Thanks for the help!
    Could be the clutch or could an adjustment issue. If I have that problem, I "row" through 1st and 2nd and maybe 3rd and 4th before going back to Reverse and pushing down on the shifter to clear the "bar" that prevents accidental Reverse engagement.

Here is a C4 shifter adjustment DIY that might work for you:

http://12v.org/urs/RepeatersShifterAdjustmentDIY.pdf
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Not sure about S2 but on the C4 S6 worn transmission, engine and rear diff mounts are the typical trigger for shifting problems. Renewing your trans oil will also help. No point fiddling with linkages if your mounts are all worn out.

Comment

hard shifting only with the engine running?you may try if it's still hard shifting when the engine is off.
        if not I do believe there's something wrong about the clutch.I had this issue on my UrS6 with thw new southbend
        clutch.It ended up with the clutch was not fully disengaged due to the clutch and pressure plate was not properly
        calibrated so when you depressed the clutch pedal,the pressure plate being partial lifted up(not fully disengaged)
        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

I have some news!

I'm facing the same difficulty with the car not running.

I think that I should follow UrS4boy recommendation, but I'm nor the right person to perform this job.

I'm going to replace the fluids.

Do you agree that it is adjustment issue?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X