Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gearbox/car for 16v ABF swap

Hi all

I have built a 16v 2.0 abf engine which is turbocharged hoping for around the 450 mark and am now looking for the most appropriate chassis to put this in.

Im not particularly fussed whether its 80Q or Coupe/S2 based just looking for the easiest swap, what would you recommend as the base car?

Will all of the gearboxes even those in the v6 cars fit the engine?

The other question I have is about clutch as I already have an uprated 228mm unit but im assuming id need a custom flywheel so would be better off going with an s2 clutch/flywheel?

The quattro saloons are lighter and don't leak like coupe's.

B4 quattro saloons (v6 engined normally) have a better rear suspension than the b3 and feels more planted on the road (same rear suspension as avants or s4/rs4/a4 cars.

Comment

Ive got a B4 80 quattro saloon bodyshell for sale
      Running gear has been removed but is still available at the moment.
      Pm me if you are interested.

Comment

Imho, you need.
        B4 2.0 flywheel rebored to accept s2 3b pressure plate and clutch. 01a or 01e gearbox.
        5vtq gte

Comment

you could use a 16v q but to be honest id look to try and get the 6 speed on there.

presume by 228mm you mean you have a vr6 clutch. if so I don't think its up to 450hp through 4 wheels.

Comment

vr6 paddle clutch wont fit onto a b3 or b4 gearbox spline... btdt

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and ideas.

Should hopefully have access to an 01E gearbox so will try to get hold of that, just need to find out the best flywheel clutch option now.

When you change the gearbox do you also need to match the rear diff ?

Hope dont mind link to another forum but found this : http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-f...eginnings.html

Not sure whether this means g60 flywheel is correct outer diameter for starter in which case I can get a new centre put in my friction plate with the right number of splines.

Looks like time to start hunting for an 80 b4.
              Last edited by Ajvrt; 15 May 2013, 19:31.

Comment

You need to have the same final ratio on BOTH front and rear axle. IF not the central diff will be dead in quite short time.
                Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
                AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

dependent on management go with a 7a or 3b flywheel. makes it a lot easier to cobble the bits together.

Comment

Working...
                  X