Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01e Gearbox - manual speedo conversion

Hello folks,

I am currently converting a 6 speed 01e gearbox from electronic speedo to manual.

I have all the correct bits from an old 016 gearbox. However, i read that the casing from the 6 speed has to be drilled and tapped to accept the manual drive and i know this all has to be done to perfection for all to operate 100%..

Does anybody know an engineer who i could send my casing to and pay to get the drilling and tapping done right. Preferably someone who has done the procedure before. Don't want some **** like myself to do it and mess all up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

G22/G68 Vehicle Speed Sensor info

I think you need to read the link below. There is no magic speedometer drive gear inside the front differential so I don't know how tapping into the casing is going to help you.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/168463.phtml
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

There is always magic... just need the correct spell

Oh I think you need to read the link below

http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?t=184&p=40114
      Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
        There is always magic... just need the correct spell.
        Thanks. You just proved my point, i.e. there is more to it than just drilling a hole in the casing. You need to open the casing up (or remove the left side flange at least) and remove the G22 "drive" (impulse) ring and install a toothed drive ring. Not a surprise and not magic.

Comment

"I have all the correct bits from an old 016 gearbox"
          Eric

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            Thanks. You just proved my point, i.e. there is more to it than just drilling a hole in the casing. You need to open the casing up (or remove the left side flange at least) and remove the G22 "drive" (impulse) ring and install a toothed drive ring. Not a surprise and not magic.

Ah Jeysus. Let me translate a little simpler for you in case it was too much for you to digest - think the average person understood what i'm after. I wasn't going to just drill a hole in my casing and stick the speedo drive in and hope that the speedo worked .... dear oh dear

I have all the correct bits required from old 016 box- the existing electronic speedo drive hole in my 6 speed casing needs reworked to accept manual drive - i am looking someone with experience to do this mod to my casing - ie - drill and tap the casing correctly which will stop the unnecessary wearing of the plastic gears..

Hope that clears any confusion up.........

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
              There is always magic... just need the correct spell

http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?t=184&p=40114

Thanks for the link sir - yea those are the bits i got from the 016 box...

Comment

It might be worth asking jogi730 here on the forum

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...3&postcount=81
                Eric

Comment

I think his was done by a guy called Patrick, based in the Netherlands.

Not much to go on I'm afraid. Jogi should be able to give you the details.

sent via Tapatalk
                  Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                  S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                  '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by brizer View Post
                    Ah Jeysus. Let me translate a little simpler for you in case it was too much for you to digest ....Hope that clears any confusion up.........
                    *IF* you had indicated what you meant by "all the bits" when you first posted, there would not have been any confusion. Sometimes people come to these 20VT-related forums and don't have a clue but "have all the bits" when, in fact, they don't.

Suggesting that I needed it made "simpler... in case it was too much for you to digest" is an insult that I will remember the next time you need help.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

*IF* you had indicated what you meant by "all the bits" when you first posted, there would not have been any confusion. Sometimes people come to these 20VT-related forums and don't have a clue but "have all the bits" when, in fact, they don't.

Suggesting that I needed it made "simpler... in case it was too much for you to digest" is an insult that I will remember the next time you need help.

Good luck with your project.

Didn't think i needed to detail all the necessary conversion parts I had - yet again 99% of people would know what those parts were. You tried to make out that I was randomly going to drill the casing and the speedo would work with this magic gear - please go and catch yourself on. Obviously I did have to make it simpler as it was too much for you to compute. Take that as an insult if you want...

Maybe best you don't reply in any of my threads in the future. I remember you gave a smart answer before where I was looking information so please don't reply to any of my threads again.

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                        I think his was done by a guy called Patrick, based in the Netherlands.

Not much to go on I'm afraid. Jogi should be able to give you the details.

sent via Tapatalk

Thanks for your friendly help sir, will try and track him down if I can...

Comment

Originally posted by brizer View Post
                          .... Obviously I did have to make it simpler as it was too much for you to compute. Take that as an insult if you want...Maybe best you don't reply in any of my threads in the future. I remember you gave a smart answer before where I was looking information so please don't reply to any of my threads again.

Good luck with that.

Comment

Good luck with that.

Oh I will.....

Comment

no big deal. I've done this. Couple hours of measuring and actual work.

5vtq gte

Comment

Working...
                              X