clutch kit availability for ABY ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch kit availability for ABY ???

Well looks like a new clutch is my first job for the year (just after I tracked down a few boost leaks...)the clutch gave up on Dec 31 when try to go from 1st to 2nd.

Anyway so far I've been unable to find a 'clutch kit' for an aby from Audi, though I was quoted around £400 for the 3 pieces, I've seen in previous threads quoting that GSF did one , but also some ambiguity around if it was slightly different from the OEM part/s.

Tried pn: 034 198 141 CQ (supposedly a kit , but p/n non existent with us)

034 141 033 A
    077 141 117 L
    01E 141 165

Do they above look right ?

Anybody got experience recently of hunting these parts down and any 'gotchas' to watch out for when doing the clutch on an ABY

Thanks in advance for any info

VAGPARTS are your best bet....
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Sachs race parts even better. see their www pages at
      http://www.sachs-race-engineering.de/

Comment

Got the right part no's (Audi parts system seemed to be offline yesterday)

034 141 033 A - clutch plate

012 141 165 E - rel. bearing

077 141 117 LX - pressure plate (exchange item)

Total price £192.50 (incl vat) after my garage discount, also got a quote back from Proven Products (Sachs clutch ) for £235 with free delivery.

I'm gonna try & keep to the original Luk item, still waiting to hear back from VAGparts before I order from Audi...

Comment

Hi Eric,

The main dealers are the cheapest source of the clucthes now they have made the pressure plate exchange. With the OE one @ £192.50 from your dealer, it's the best package to be honest!

Sorry we haven't replied by e-mail yet, our company inbox is a little back logged due to xmas.

Cheers for asking though
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

[QUOTE=ericd]Got the right part no's (Audi parts system seemed to be offline yesterday)

034 141 033 A - clutch plate

012 141 165 E - rel. bearing

077 141 117 LX - pressure plate (exchange item)

Total price £192.50 (incl vat) after my garage discount, also got a quote back from Proven Products (Sachs clutch ) for £235 with free delivery.

I'm gonna try & keep to the original Luk item, still waiting to hear back from VAGparts before I order from Audi...[/QUOTE

Original items are Sachs not that "sh*t Luk crap" which is reconditioned.
            Either go for a genuine Sachs clutch or get a local friction company to
            desurface it for you.
            If not, u and ur clutch will spend alot of misserable nights together
            RS2 MTM

Comment

Working...
            X