Wahey gearbox will be mended FOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahey gearbox will be mended FOC

Took a trip down to the gearbox people today and was told that because we spend a reasonable amount of money with them, they will repair my gearbox FOC, even tho it is out of warranty. They said that it was an unusual failure and it shouldn't have happened. All I have to do is remove and replace. Only prob being that the car will be off the road for a week or so. But hey, im not complaining.

So I can honestly say i would recommend these people for a gearbox rebuild. Their customer service has been great. So if anyone wants a gearbox repaired in the South west then these are the people to do it.

Cheers Gearchange

L8rz
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Way to go Tom, bet that was a relief! so see you on track then!

Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Just a quick Q regarding gearbox, What gearbox failure would cause the reverse gear to be engaged without it being pressed down?

cheers
      Coupe

Comment

@AbsS2: this is non-gearbox related, but rather linkage related, there is some sort of a "stop" under the shifter lever boot that prevents one from shifting into reverse without pressing the lever.

Cheers,

Mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Way to go Tom

Glad to hear it's going to be fixed. What do they think has happened?

I've got myself a spare 3b box now, so I'll be looking at having it inspected before using it...I'll give them a go on your recommendation.

Cheers

Steve
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

The input shaft bearing has failed. Thats why the noise is there all the time in every gear. But it gets quieter the further down the box i go, ie 5th is not too bad.
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
            X