Which clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which clutch?

Im gonna have to start to get all the bits together i need for when i change the clutch at gregs garage meet, and im wondering which clutch to use (3B). Its too short notice for the uprated ones tom is looking at from the states so have to look for something else. Is it worth using a stock one? bearing in mind i wont be changing my RS2 turbo so i guess 360hp will end up being my limit.

martin

A stock one will last as long as it is treated ok. But I got a phone call from Beetie today saying that his stock clutch is slipping and thats with only a homefry, its been in the car for about 5k miles

Martin these clutches are in the process of being sorted. I will know more by the end of the month with some luck.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Ok cheers tom.
      I dont fancy having to change it again in a few months lol

Comment

Nah, trust me, you wont want to once you have done it once!!
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I'm in the same position, just there is even less chance of me hitting 360bhp I think homefry is about as far i can go at the moment. I guess that as long as i'm not dialling in 6000rpm and dropping the clutch the OEM one will be fine? I dont tend tolaunch the car anyway
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I thought the RS2 clutch was a standard ABY one so should be good for highish horsepower.

I guess that does not include 5000rpm launches though.....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

mines a 3b Steve so no idea of fitment but i guess its not gonna fit
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
                mines a 3b Steve so no idea of fitment but i guess its not gonna fit
                I know! I think I was going off at a tangent!
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Lol
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Sachs do some higher spec'd clutches for the 3B - dunno lead times though. TommyRS seems to have contacts and knowledge on them....

Paul
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

My S2 had done 114000, aprox 20000 with 400 BHP, I had no slip issues, only very slight judder in the last 5000 miles. on stripping there is plenty of friction material, no blueing and only slight play in the springs..... all dependes on how you drive the car (must own up to smoking the tyres from standing starts and doing a couple of doh!-nuts )

normally big turbos are good to clutchs and trans' as you dont get full boost in first and the car is rolling before the lump of torque hits.

spec the clutch to your driving habbits is the best advice
                      Originally posted by s2driveruk
                      I'm in the same position, just there is even less chance of me hitting 360bhp I think homefry is about as far i can go at the moment. I guess that as long as i'm not dialling in 6000rpm and dropping the clutch the OEM one will be fine? I dont tend tolaunch the car anyway

Comment

Thanks for the tips, think i'll wait to see what toms group buy turns up

I was wanting to do a few runs down the strip at gti this year, so a few 6k launches me thinks lol

Comment

When we change clutch, we change the disc and bearing only or the pressure plate too? I have some oil dripping from the simering so I am considering clutch replacement too. 119Tkm.
                          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Change the lot, its too big a job to run the risk of anything failing at a later date...

new rear oil seal and holder (+gasket) required for that oil leak, prob have to change the sum gasket as you have to drop this, if it is only a smear leave alone but if it is pouring out you'll have to cough up the time and dough!1

Jay

Originally posted by horvathg
                            When we change clutch, we change the disc and bearing only or the pressure plate too? I have some oil dripping from the simering so I am considering clutch replacement too. 119Tkm.

Comment

I removed the clutch from mine yesterday. Looks like it was the original one from new.
                              Over two years worth of launching and about 90k miles it still has plenty of friction material left on it.
                              The pressure plate is slightly blue, not sure what that means though.

Comment

Working...
                              X