AAN swapped 4000 clutch slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN swapped 4000 clutch slipping

i recently got my AAN swapped 84 4000S quattro back up and running and it has a severe clutch slipping problem under power. im using the original 016 transmission with a 7A flywheel and pressure plate with an 6 puck solid hub clutch from clutchnet.com. i machined the weights off of the back of the 7A flywheel and added the single firing pin plus i removed the 7A pilot bearing and machined the center out a little to make sure the input shaft goes the whole way through into the end of the crank. anyhow i did read on motorgeek.com that there was a height difference between the 7A and 3B but i think people are compensating for the added weight on the back of the 7A flywheel that the 3B doesnt have. like when you lay them both on a flat surface the 7A is going to appear to be taller than the 3B. what they are saying is that the stack height of the 7A clutch set is too tall and causing the throw out bearing to slightly put pressure on the pressure plate thus the clutch is staying partly disengaged. i dont know if this is true or not. doesn anyone have any input on this? i dont have a 3B flywheel to compare unfortunately. im wondering if the center of the flywheel is offset different between the 7A and a the 3B because the 3B belongs to the 016 tranny and the 7A belongs to the 01A.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

I am using a 7A flywheel resurfaced only ,single pin, a SRE pp 07 for 7A and AAN bearing + 6 puck sprung clutch disc running with no problems on my Urs4.

Comment

Originally posted by Costash View Post
      I am using a 7A flywheel resurfaced only ,single pin, a SRE pp 07 for 7A and AAN bearing + 6 puck sprung clutch disc running with no problems on my Urs4.
      im pretty sure the 7A clutch set works fine with the 01E because the 01A is like its brother tranny. the have the same input shaft size and spline and by the looks of things the bell housing depth of the 01A to 01E are identical too. im using an 016 transmission which seems to have a more shallow bell housing. as for how much more shallow i have no idea at the moment.

Comment

I'm running a 200 3B flywheel with a Sachs 707 pressure plate and a SRE 8-puck sintered friction plate. It's running 400+ and never experienced any slip.

Comment

i dont have access to a 3B flywheel. i only have 2 7A flywheels.

Comment

Working...
          X