S2 clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 clutch

My aby S2 is getting it's gearbox changed and needs a new clutch too. The mechanic has got me a price in the region of £300. Am I going to find one cheaper? And in a days notice?

Any help will be appreciated

Clutch kit (pressure plate, disc, releaser) 3000 951 729 = 277 eur

Clutch disc
    Sachs 1862 651 001 = 220 eur,
    OEM 034141033A = 160 eur

Parts numbers taken from http://webcat-services.zf.com/index.asp?SPR=4
    Prices taken from http://www.autospares.lv

So, 300 gbp would be clutch kit + work.
    5vtq gte

Comment

Get a Sachs or OE Audi one in there. Should last another 150k miles
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
        another 150k miles
        How did you know I'm on 150k miles?

Comment

My clutch gave in last night... only just turned 97k miles too. OEM ones are nla from dealer, anyone know where to buy one? Or a similarly priced and equally as good alternative?

I had a look on the Sachs Performance website and they don't seem to list a clutch kit for ABY engine. Also will this be a replace the DM flywheel job while I'm there, the mechanic said that he would just in case, are the flywheels known for failing?

Comment

Tea time bump!

Comment

sachs 3000 951 729 is a standard Sachs clutch kit.

~£300 or so
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                sachs 3000 951 729 is a standard Sachs clutch kit.

~£300 or so
                Thank you! Do you happen to know if flywheels are available?

Comment

I believe it is NLA from Audi but may still be available from LUK, my flywheel at 140k was still working fine with RS2 setup so you're probably fine with the one you've got
                  1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

034 105 266 E or LUK 415 0069 10

Appears to be unavailable but check with the dealer.

I was always led to the believe that the DM flywheel on the S2 was way more robust than later ones fitted to current cars and should be fine to re-use if an inspection doesn't show anything untoward
                    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

I have just had my box reconditioned, so a new clutch went in at the same time. I asked for a Sachs kit but after 6weeks of waiting, he gave up and went for an LUK clutch. I have slight reservations but unless you go to some kind of bespoke version, I am not sure you will find one. It is on indefinite back order as I understand it. That said, since it has been fitted, it has been fine and I have been giving it some beans (I never launch it though) I have read some stories about them failing but also plenty saying they are fine. I understand Rusty has an LUK clutch in his RS2+ car and it is holding up fine.

You might not have a choice in all honesty but good luck with it.

Comment

I had a Helix clutch on my Nissan for over 4 years with no problems at all. Wouldn't one of these work ok as an alternative to Sachs?
                        http://www.helix-autosport.com/produ...clutches/audi/

Comment

Ok so I can get a 'normal' Sachs or LUK for around £200. I am still tempted to go for a Sachs race performance version though. Does anyone know who will supply one of these for an ABY? The Sachs race website only lists for a 3B... perhaps only available for a 3B?

My mechanic friend runs about 400bhp on his rs2 on standard clutch so not too worried about running an OEM equivalent on my mych less powerful car. Will be fitting new clutch 2 weeks tomorrow and keeping the original flywheel if it has no obvious defects.

Comment

Originally posted by nesshead6 View Post
                            Ok so I can get a 'normal' Sachs or LUK for around £200. I am still tempted to go for a Sachs race performance version though. Does anyone know who will supply one of these for an ABY? The Sachs race website only lists for a 3B... perhaps only available for a 3B?

My mechanic friend runs about 400bhp on his rs2 on standard clutch so not too worried about running an OEM equivalent on my mych less powerful car. Will be fitting new clutch 2 weeks tomorrow and keeping the original flywheel if it has no obvious defects.
                            Will @ VRS sorted me a Sachs Organic clutch kit for my ABY, also provided a 1:1 replacement for the DMF in SMF form (Billet flywheel 5-6kg). Perhaps speak to him?
                            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

OK I will give them a call tomorrow. Anyone know where else to try? Or know if the 3B pressure plate is compatible with ABY?

Comment

Working...
                              X