Flywheel/pressure plate conversion trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel/pressure plate conversion trouble

So some history - I'm planning on using a S2 3B clutch on a redrilled 4 cylinder flywheel in my B4. I have a machine shop that can transfer the bolt pattern for the bigger S2 clutch to my flywheel.

I don't have a pressure plate yet so I took a 5 cylinder flywheel from a friend so the machine shop can measure the bolt pattern of the pressure plate and transfer it to my flywheel. My friend told me that the flywheel he's giving me is from a 3B engine.

Here comes the strange part - the 8 bolt flywheel (the presumably 3B one) has the same size friction markings as my 6 bolt (ACE) flywheel - 228mm. Is it possible that someone used a 228mm friction disc on a 3B engine? From the part number and little googling the flywheel appears to be a real 3B engine unit, but ETKA doesn't recognize the part number. I'm attaching a picture of the 3B flywheel.

Is really a 3B unit and can I use the bolt pattern on in with a 3B pressure plate? In other words will it work for my conversion or not?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by afterburner; 25 February 2014, 22:29.

So after some research - apparently there's a 228mm 3B clutch plate. Probably the markings are from this clutch plate. But the pressure plates are all 240mm, so the bolt pattern is the right one for my needs... presumably...

Comment

Conversion is done It's in Bulgarian, but pictures are still pictures

http://ns-parts.com/prerabotka-na-mahovik-vwaudi-16v/

Comment

Working...
      X