Symptoms of Dual Mass Flywheel Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symptoms of Dual Mass Flywheel Failure

Wondering what the symptoms of dual mass flywheel failure are.

Since my S2 became my garage queen rather than my daily the clutch bite has gone right down almost to the floor although it still works fine most of the time. When pushing on I can feel a slight bit of drag in the clutch as it releases too.

The clutch has just been bled which made no difference and the clutch itself is only about 30k old. I've also got a K24 clutch linkage brace fitted.

If it's knackered I'll be looking out for a 3B flywheel as I can see no point in putting a new dual mass one back in.

Cheers

David
    1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
    1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
    1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

have you tried adjusting the linkage from the master cylinder to the pedal? might help a bit...

Comment

Your issue is clutch-related. Nothing to do with the flywheel, dual mass or otherwise. Probably just a worn clutch disc or failing slave cylinder.

Have a look at these:

Dual mass flywheel info:
      http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/24536.phtml

Clutch failure modes (follow the internal hyperlinks too):
      http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/186276.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The clutch slave was changed at the same time as the clutch approx 30k miles ago so I would hope it would still be in good order.

Will see if I can adjust the master cylinder linkage and look at the hydraulics before getting too worried about the clutch hardware.

Cheers

David
        1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
        1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
        1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Comment

have you checked the master for the bent rod. n=mine gave that sticking feel bout 3/4 way down. snapped a week later.

Comment

Also check you don't have minor fluid leak. I had a tiny split in the clutch slave cylinder hard line that runs across the gearbox. It seeped causing a soft pedal until it split right open and failed. (It was very slowly rubbing away as a result of a vibration)

HTH

Cheers

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X