s2 avant worn shifter ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2 avant worn shifter ball

Hi, i bought a S2 avant on friday and noticed that it is difficult to to select 1st, 2nd and reverse. So i decided to strip the shifter down this morning and i noticed that the shifter ball was worn. I have greased and adjusted it which has helped but i will need a new shifer ball bush. I have looked round and can find any aftermarket bushes. Am i going to need to get a new one form audi? It is 5 and 31 in the image below.

Aud Tradition it's the place to ring.

https://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...ING&model=0001

Changed that housing on my RS2 a month ago the original waas completely nackered.
    The #5 does'nt need to be changed.
    Get yourself from the dealer (they're still available) the # 32 ring
    And make yourself with some heavyduty rubber the two #11 sliders I used the rubber used for working bench covers on mine.
    Mind when you do the dissasembly the springs and pins that are holding together lever and bush... They tend to spiring around..... Easy to loose them...
    http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Thanks, will get one ordered.

Comment

I broke mine last weekend the same way, reverse and 1st were almost impossible to get into. The problem is almost certainly part 31, the plastic ball housing is suspended in the metal frame by a ring of rubber, and in my case the rubber had torn half way around so the ball housing was flopping around in there.

I managed to rebuild the shifter using a spare base from a 5 speed, its tighter now that its ever been
        Attached Files
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Just checked with audi and the stopped stocking them last November and there is none left in the uk!

Comment

Why does that not surprise me, it may be an Audi tradition part at this stage. Or alternatively see if you can source the 5speed version and modify it.
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

If you get the part number and search ebay.de I'm sure they were available when I looked earlier in the year.

Comment

Yeah, been looking. I can get one by the looks of it but will be about £60/70 delivered. I have a plan on how to repair my damaged one. Will give it a go before forking out that sort of money!

Comment

I bodged mine when I was stuck and it worked fine for about a year.

Using screws to hold the failed part rigid.
                  Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Haha, thats what I was thinking. Was going to split it and re-bond the bush back in and hold it with screws!

Comment

It didnt fail after the year I just replaced it with a new one.

But yea rebonding might work long term.
                      Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                        I bodged mine when I was stuck and it worked fine for about a year.

Using screws to hold the failed part rigid.
                        I made a repair like this and it's held so far. Have a spare ready to go though if it fails.

Comment

Working...
                        X