Clutch slave rod popped out. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the condition of this item:

I lost reverse lockout when this failed. And found it difficult to select gears especially 1st to 2nd
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Pretty sure it's never been replaced and the car has done 141,000 miles. Occasionally when first starting up, reverse will go in fine but after some driving and finally coming to a stop it will go in once till I reverse in the garage then it will become really difficult. It just makes a grinding noise and refuses to engage.

It also does this after turning the car off it is still hard which makes me think it may be some part in the linkage which is worn. Would I be right in thinking this? First and second also seem to play up but do engage at least. When moving all gears select fine.
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

with Eric. Have a look at both the shifter ball joints, & try adjusting the gear lever using the bottom bolt where it attaches to the gear linkage.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

When this item fails, it makes the gear selection very vague or not selecting gear properly, with big problems on the R, 1st and 2nd.
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            with Eric. Have a look at both the shifter ball joints, & try adjusting the gear lever using the bottom bolt where it attaches to the gear linkage.
            Should have both the ball and cup on order as well as the securing ring as I do hear something moving about in there so am sure this has failed.

Besides that I am waiting for a new brake servo if still available

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
            When this item fails, it makes the gear selection very vague or not selecting gear properly, with big problems on the R, 1st and 2nd.
            Thanks for the help & advice everyone as lately I feel like this car has had something against me. I even gave it genuine Audi gearbox oil what more does it want

Here's hoping all the problems will be sorted soon
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
            X