Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

My ABY is currently stock. The cluch wont support a flying start from owt much over 4500rpm! But iam hoping to in HP to arround 350 and torque to 450-480nm. I dont launch it very often and ive never launched it consecutivly, so its only the odd time! Any ideas on a better clutch, than aint mega money or do i just get another stock one? Will the RS2 on fit?
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Glen,

The S2 and RS2 clutches are the same ones, the RS2 used the S2 clutch. I think Sweeper posted some details on a Sachs sports clutch good for your target power. Do some searches for Sachs...

Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Here is the old thread with the numbers thread

And few pics for getting you excited ;-). Btw it's mine.
      Attached Files
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Sinter disk
        Attached Files
        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Pressure plate
          Attached Files
          Vadim.

Comment

thanks for that ill look in to it!
            By the what was the dammage for that cluch? £??????

Comment

630$ without VAT for pressure plate and disk. It's withous bearing. From Dahlback Racing. It's a sinter disk up to 550NM.

Quite a pocket damage.
              Vadim.

Comment

I found a place called "proven products" in cornwall who appear to be sachs agents! so i emailed them with the numbers of the box! they said:

For your model Sachs list a replacement clutch kit 4000 694 001, can do that for £239 inc vat.

While i appreciate there reply they didn't actually comment on the numbers i gave them? :confused:

Comment

Sweeper.
                  In the second pic, where you post the sinter disc picture, it reads in the reference of the box "Druckplatte". Altavista translation is "preassure plate" with confirms the reference number fron the Sachs webpage for the Audi S2 (ABY) or RS2 (ADU) for the preassure plate ref no: 883082 999724. and not for any sintered disc
                  Link: http://www.sachs-race-engineering.de...000000000.html
                  Pdf: Specification list performance....

However there is no clutch reference in this pdf only preassure plate and release bearing.

In the pdf Toothprofiles performance discs there is a reference to the last pic you have attached. ref no: 88 (as everyone in front) 1861 999 802. And here it says this is an ORGANIC disc and not sinter disc.
                  Does anybody understand this?
                  Does anybody know a correct Sachs reference number for a 600 nm clutch plate for the S2 and RS2?

Thanks
                  Last edited by The Spanish; 9 December 2003, 17:16.
                  94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

The Spanish: You are right. But I'm not english speaking person and I couldn't translate "sinter" with my translating software so I thought Sinter = Organic.

Is there any difference ?

ops: ops: ops:
                    Vadim.

Comment

Sinter is suppose to be better than organic.
                      It has a higher maximum torque tolerance, I think

I am just not sure, anybody knows something????

Cheers

Comment

Stiff sinter

Stiff sinter
                        It requires some modifications to fit thou

Bought from QTD
                        www.irry.com

Comment

Please can you tell me the part number of the sinter clutch and preassure plate and what is the amount of work needed to fit it?

Thanks

Comment

Whilst on the subject of clutches, does anyone have a lightened flywheel? If not, anyone have any ideas on how much metal can be cut off the Aby 'wheel? Or if using a 3B wheel, how much weight difference is between the two?

I figure when the time comes for mine needing doing (the car's on 93k miles now so it can't be THAT far away I guess) I want a lightened 'wheel to chuck in at the same time.

Just a thought

PJ
                            'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Working...
                            X