Gearbox problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox problem

I drived today a bit my urs4 and found that something odd is going on with the gearbox
    The reverse,first and second are hard to change,very hard,but other gears work like charm. Its the oil in gearbox the problem maybe or something even worst?

I had this once and it was the gear linkage, the knuckle had popped out the housing and as soon as I popped it in it was fine

Comment

I think i know what u mean,probably one of the screws get loose?

Comment

No screws on it, it's like a ball in a cup, over time they get worn and pop out, if you can get under the car you should be able to put it back in. I did this to mine and it's been fine for a few years now

Comment

or the rubber unit for the gearbox, or engine have gone bad, to the subframe...

Comment

if it is the oil than you have problems in all gears
            Maybe you should adjust the shift lever.
            This is adjustable under the car
            it seems that you can not move far enough to the left
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
              No screws on it, it's like a ball in a cup, over time they get worn and pop out, if you can get under the car you should be able to put it back in. I did this to mine and it's been fine for a few years now
              That cap is on top of the gearbox i think? It can be acess from the engine bay?
              Originally posted by caterpillar View Post
              or the rubber unit for the gearbox, or engine have gone bad, to the subframe...
              I didnt understand the engine part?

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                if it is the oil than you have problems in all gears
                Maybe you should adjust the shift lever.
                This is adjustable under the car
                it seems that you can not move far enough to the left
                Well,it look like something is holding it back,its hard to explain. When i move the shifter to the left its hard to turn it to the midle,on the right side works like charm

Comment

It's on the near side of the gearbox and is accessible from under the car, just enough room to get your arm up there and squeeze back together

Comment

Working...
                  X