Rs2 clutch part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs2 clutch part number

My clutch pedal feels normal but I've lost all gears when the engines running. Start the car up in gear with the clutch pressed the car moves forward. Do I need a new clutch, has the pressure plate failed or slave cylinder issue ?
    Last edited by ian4455; 10 February 2015, 19:14.

Originally posted by ian4455 View Post
    What is the part number for a replacement clutch ?
    This help?

Attached Files
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks

What would cause the clutch pedal to still "feel" normal but the clutch stops working all together ?

Comment

It depends, are any of the gears engaging when you press the clutch?
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Clutch PNs, options and clutch master cylinder R&R info

What would cause the clutch pedal to still "feel" normal but the clutch stops working all together ?
          Slave cylinder. BTDT. No gears when the engine is running. Item 30 (4A0721261)

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/24719.phtml

Comment

Can't select any gears, clutch pedal still pressing down as normal with same feel or resistance as it was before the problem occurred. Is it worth my asking the garage to fit a new slave clutch cylinder first before pulling the gearbox out and changing the clutch ? One point there's no hydraulic leaks, don't understand if the slave cylinder was to go then surely I'd have a leak or a very soft clutch pedal ??
            Last edited by ian4455; 10 February 2015, 18:59.

Comment

This:

BTDT
              Attached Files
              1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Pressure plate then !

Comment

Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
                  This:

BTDT
                  can you shed some light on the picture please,may have something similar happening to mine
                  Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
                  Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
                  Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Can't select any gears, clutch pedal still pressing down as normal with same feel or resistance as it was before the problem occurred. Is it worth my asking the garage to fit a new slave clutch cylinder first before pulling the gearbox out and changing the clutch ? One point there's no hydraulic leaks, don't understand if the slave cylinder was to go then surely I'd have a leak or a very soft clutch pedal ??
                    Tbh your problem sounds like what is happening to mine but yours is worse,sometimes I get totally locked out of gears without being able to select anything,i do get the shunt when started in gear.
                    I have changed the MC and the slave and the problem still persists and is getting progressively worse.
                    Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
                    Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
                    Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Clutch Slave Cylinder failure story

If you can shift gears with the engine off, then it is not the gear box. If you get it into neutral with the engine off and then start the engine but can not get any gears, it is the clutch system.

I had a clutch failure with my 94 V8 S4 avant about 2 weeks after I bought it. Symptpms were as above. Friday Dec. 13th (dark and raining, perfect). To rescue myself I had to stop the engine, shift to 1st and then start the engine in gear. Not pretty.

Long story short, I ended up replacing the clutch disk, pressure plate, release bearing and the slave cylinder. The first three turned out to be fine. It was just the slave cylinder which had failed in a very strange way, jamming the clutch so it was engaged and would not dis-engage.

Bottomline: Start with the slave cylinder (see my previous post in this thread for details).

The "autopsy" on my clutch (for which I took an incredible amount of stick and name calling (like "liar") for being a "fool" and NOT replacing the slave cylinder first (it's always 20/20 when you are an armchair mechanic/critic sitting on the sidelines, not the guy stranded on the side of a dark and wet road). (BTW you can't see the clutch slave on a C4 V8 like you can on an C4 AAN):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/271098.phtml

There is supposed to be a plastic "nose" on that brass rod and it isn't supposed to kink like that:

Comment

Did your pedal feeling the same with the failed Slave cylinder ?

Going to need to pull the exhaust in order to drop the box, where's best to get the exhaust gaskets ?

Comment

Did your pedal feeling the same with the failed Slave cylinder ? Going to need to pull the exhaust in order to drop the box, where's best to get the exhaust gaskets ?
                          Felt exactly normal. Just didn't work.

IF you take my advice and read my linked posts, and you start with the slave cylinder to see if that is the problem, there is NO need to drop the transmission. Try the slave first and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X