Installing Slave Cylinder after 7A clutch swap in RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Slave Cylinder after 7A clutch swap in RS2

OK, I've just installed a 7a Flywheel and a Southbend Stage 3 clutch kit for a 7A into my RS2. I've read all the threads on converting to the Single Mass flywheel and I believe I've done everything correctly,

- 7A flywheel with new pilot bearing
    - 7A clutch and PP
    - new release bearing
    - new slave cylinder (exact same as the old one)
    - replaced the dowel pins to compensate for the removal of the spacer
    - bought the shortened bolts.

I originally installed the slave cylinder while the transmission was out of the car. When I attempted to hook it up I could not get the transmission and the engine to mate. There were no obstructions, just about 4-5mm of gap that I couldn't seem to eliminate

I then removed the slave cylinder and was able to get the pieces to mate without any trouble.

Now when I try to install the slave cylinder I can't seem to get it in to line up in the slot where the bolt attaches it to the bell housing. I'm about a mm short. It almost seems like there is not enough clearance between the PP fingers and the release bearing and I'm forcing the bearing against the fingers while trying to get the slave in the slot.

How much distance should there be between the bearing and the fingers? Should it take a lot of force to get the slave cylinder in? Am I missing something?
Working...
X