X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5speed box sh4gged

selector gone on 2nd,
    looking for a 6speed
    know the prop is shorter and front sub frame slightly different, but do you have to change the rear diff? been told yes and been told no????
    paul (s2central) said something about the rear diff out of a V8???
    any advice welcome

regards
    will

The rear diff is the same in all S2 coupes.
    -

Comment

if you read the tranny code at the clutch housing....can i tell you what fit in your car.....or the underside of the rear end.....

Comment

Im sure steve will know as i think he looked at this before. AFAIK you have to get rid of the procon ten thing, but im sure its not to bad a job
        Mark H might know a bit too....
        Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

6 speed coversion is easy enough, you keep the prop and rear diff, new linkage is needed and is very expensive to buy new. Subframes are different, but you can get a spacer made up for the mountings. Think Jeffer has done this mod.

You have a PM!
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I have a 20V CQ and the diff is the same for the 5 speed 20V box, the 5 speed S2 box and the 6 speed S2 box.

Albert in Poland did not have to modify his subframe, it seems the holes were elongated or something??????

Sienna mentioned to me that you may need a dual mass flywheel ( ABY?)

beyond that as Tom said the linkage is expensive.

David

P.S. you will need a new gear knob

Comment

There's no need to change the flywheel to the nasty dual mass item. The six speed box works fine with a 3B flywheel. As Tom said, the six speed gear linkage is the hardest part to find. It's also the most expensive bit too
              You'll also need a 3B clutch if you go with a 3B flywheel..
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

running a 3b clutch and fly wheel, got rs2 sub frame, thought prop was shorter? not a prob if it is can turn it down and get it balanced. can fabricate a linkage if anyone has one i can copy or knows the differance, while im making one i could make a few if anyone else wants one

Comment

Working...
                X