No announcement yet.

Audi 80 '91 1.8l diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are not the only one to have a V8 diff!
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Has maybe someone now an open V8 diff to give me some more infos and details on the dimentions??

Thanks a lot!
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I've got a V8 diff out of its case that I am planning to swap this weekend. I will try and remember to measure it for you

Comment

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

rear diff

well all i can say about this is id be blooming suprised and totally shocked if you could do as you say and put the rear diif in the front gearbox as well 99.9% of gear box diif parts are not that interchageable not rear to front anyway you would also need to find out if the drive shaft splines that fit in the gearbox are the same ...

are you not more tempted to shim up your planet gears in your front diff so they are quite a bit tighter to turn this will work but it will over time go back to normal ,,
            and make sure you dont do them to tight as well bang...

but as you say if that carrier does fit in your crown wheel you will be laughing..

ensure you get you pinion and crown wheel set up propa as well once again bang..

was it not on this forum a few years ago on about the diff lock thingy power lock or something that you put inside your planet gear on the cross pin that when you go faster the weights press on the planrt gears and have the lsd effect....

( it might have been the ccc mag though)
            and yeh over seven years of my life have been used building gearboxes and axles so as bad as the above sound its not far of...

Comment

Can you give some more infos about the other options i maybe have?

What is this Shim the planet gears? What is this power lock thing in the cross pin?? How does it work? Does it hold??

@ALL

Are there any Lockers like the Powertrax for this audi 80 FWD diff?
              Last edited by Billman; 10 February 2006, 21:43.
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

??
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                X