Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAN pressure plate to flywheel clearance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN pressure plate to flywheel clearance.

Does anyone have the clearance number from the pressure plate to Flywheel on AAN?
    I have a disengagement issue on my clutch.This's supposed to be my long long time issue on my car since the clutch wasn't fully disengaged .I have a Southbend Clutch
    Stage 3 Endurance.Recently,i swapped the gearbox with the 6 speed.i grind off 0.5mm the outer edge of the flywheel where the pressure plate being mounted and intacts with
    bolts.i thought this's increasing clamping force of the pressure plate but ended up the
    clutch started to disengage much earlier on the top travel but it won't be fully disengaged when I fully depressed the pedal all the way down to the floor.if I
    want it to be 100% disengaged,i need to make sure I depressed the pedal all the way down plus adding a lot of effort to keep the pedal firmed down to the floor.i think the problem is the disengagement point is way too low after I grind off the outer edge of the flywheel.I have had this issue for long time but not even worse after I have played around with the clearance between pressure plate to the flywheel.

one of a few I5 from Asia.

well mate, you did it wrong ... sorry

what you have now is not fully engaged pressure plate ... this is why it's disengaging earlier
    on the other hand, you can't fully disengage 'cause theres no enough space for disc to rotate freely

and you will not get any more friction force with this mode ... that depends only on the springs in the pressure plate

Comment

Yes i understand why grind off the outer edge of the flywheel(Step Height) caused the issue of disengagement but
      how did it effect on the engagement.from my understanding,it increases the clamping force of the diaphragm ring
      that pushes against the pressure plate disc.By doing this it makes the clutch harder to slip since the pressure plate
      presses way harder on the clutch plate.correct me if my logic is out.

Comment

your pressure plate don't go all the way out (where it should be) towards the disc since the disc is closer ... so it's "half way" from disengaging point
        that's why it starts to disengage earlier BUT the disengaging end point is too close to disc so it never fully release it

and again, spring force is not that much different compared from stock and now ... to get higher pressure you need pressure plate with stronger springs

Comment

well , you mean by doing this it caused the pressure disc hits the pressure plate housing before the it's fully disengaged correct?
          the funny thing is today i have tried to put in Reverse gear and fully depressed on the clutch pedal whilst revving the engine the car started
          to move.i know the problem is something about the clearance issue.

"spring force is not that much different compared from stock and now ... to get higher pressure you need pressure plate with stronger springs"
          you mean the diapragm rings on the pressure plate has a contantly clamping force on the disc no matter how closed the clearance between the
          pressure plate disc and flywheel is?

so what's the solution on my case since i'm going to pull off the gearbox and install the metal throw out bearing in anyway.my plan is going
          to provide more clearance between pressure plate disc and flywheel by grinding off the inner edge of the flywheel(where the clutch disc pushes
          against on the flywheel).

Comment

Working...
          X