Help needed clutch pedal on the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed clutch pedal on the floor

Clutch just went in traffic. Its gone to the floor, and wont return.
    I managed to put it in gear, and start it just to get it moved somewhere safe. Now I am stranded with no idea what it could be.
    The clutch was new when I done the engine, and has done about three thousand miles, with no signs of failure till this happened.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Has the push rod for the master cylinder snapped? Happened to me before. Good luck getting it sorted, there are a few options from other models for replacement, the ABY one is notorious for this.

Comment

check the hydraulick fluid.. and fill it up.. it will get you a bit further..

Comment

If it won't return it's unlikely to be my suggestion. Good luck sorting it.

Comment

Yes its the push rod that's snapped. Can't remember if you can buy the rod separately, or do you have to buy the hole cylinder. Its a 3b.
          How much of a job on the side of the road.

Comment

Not ideal on the side of the road but doable. You have to buy a whole new cylinder. It's a tight job to swap them over and then you need to bleed the clutch.

As luck would have it I wrote a guide on bleeding here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=bleed+clutch

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks. Is the master cylinder for a 3b the same as any other models.
              Its just when you ask for anything for an s2 these days they look at you as if your mad, and just shake there heads saying sorry mate don't do them, never heard of them, don't you mean a2 sir.

Comment

I think the 3b is the same as the CQ. Others from URS4 etc have the hydraulic hose come out at a different angle so bets to get the right version. The 3b version should be quite easy to get hold of, it's the ABY one that is rarer and crap.

Comment

Managed to get the master cylinder of. What a **** job. The push rod has snapped at the connector, and the rest of it is horribly distorted. the clevis pin is also badly worn.
                  I have to wait till tomorrow to get a replacement from GFS. I hope its easier to fit than it was to take of.

Comment

Working...
                  X