Urs6 slave cylinder problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urs6 slave cylinder problem

Hi can anyone help I have had my s6 for about 18 months and now on my second slave cylinder. I also know that the previous owner also fitted one are these a common problem or have I just got a clutch gremlin. The fault I get is a very low biting point then it leads onto a sticking pedal where I have to return it to top with my foot. Can anyone help or have I just got to face facts and replace the slave and the clutch to try and cure the problem.

Cheers Slim

What brand of the slave you replaced?i also have FTE one failed within 2 years.Have you proper bled the clutch?
    it ain't easy to bleed the clutch on this car.I have tried the pressure bleeder but still PITA.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Ur s6 has a heavy clutch pedal, least mine does. Its much heaver than my s2 with an uprated clutch.
      I have had this happen on both cars ,but one time on the s6 the pedal box broke.
      This had to be welded on the car as its a nightmare to remove.
      As the clutch gets worn its harder to press, putting extra pressure on all components.
      On the s2 the push rod failed recently ,and I found the hole in the pedal where the clevis pin go's had worn badly. I am sure this was a contributing factor in the push rod failure
      These cars are over twenty years old. Think how many times the pedals have been used I doubt that lubricating the peddles is a service item. Or that many owners have had there head up under the dash to lubricate the peddles.
      Worth a check.

Comment

So sorry I just reread your post. I am referring to the master cylinder, and you are referring to the slave cylinder.

Comment

s6

i have just fitted a new oe slave to my urs4, from tps , the previous one was a spurious make and gave the same symptoms after a few months use, but i would say that you may need to adjust the clevis pin on the master to allow the return spring mechanism to work at he top of the pedal box , ie unwind it to lenthen the pushrod on the master cylinder,

Comment

Slave cyl

My car is a 1993 s4 and it's still on the same slave cyl. Can't see the slave cyl being the problem. The low biting point is causing the sticking pedal. This is due to its extended travel in order to release the clutch. Brian

Comment

Thank you all for the advice I have bought a new slave cylinder but had to go for non-genuine due to my local TPS saying they are on back order and will be a minimum of 14 days. I have bought a syringe to try the back bleeding technique any more any advice would be appreciated. Cheers Slim

Comment

Working...
              X