Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear linkage/lever adjustment

Howdy folks!

Been doing some clutch Work and therefor had the gearbox off. Now im at the point where I need to bleed the clutch pedal and adjust the gears so its nice again. First off I thought it was enough by having the gearbox in neutral and then the gearlever positioned in the middle, but sadly that wasnt doing the job.

If anyone could provide me with the special tool number from vw/audi to adjust the lever with then im good to go, as I can borrow it from my dealer just around the corner. Why I need you guys here to provide me with the number, is because my dealer cannot look up the tool needed for the car because of the age of it so they refer to the books which they are missing

Loads of thanks and bows for the one providing the number

From memory the manual wants the lever to be canted 15 degrees towards the driver. If its too far over you will be able to select reverse without pressing down the indent, and too far the other way you wont be able to find 5th/6th. Just concentrate on getting the 1st/2nd lined up with the left hand stop and your set. (all assuming a RHD car so i assume you setup the opposite for LHD).

The forwards/backwards adjustment is less critical to get right, but from memory the lever should be 10-15 degrees back from vertical.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
    X