500 ftlb clutch req

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 ftlb clutch req

I am useing a alloy O1A flywheel with a 01E gearbox currentle running a helix clutch plate and cover which started slipping with the new engine , welst useing anti lag . . cover part number 60-3433 , plate 76-1710 . these have been fine up until now . the old engine produced 387ftlb which apparently is the max that clutch could take . the new engine has 410ftlb and we hope to get a little bit more with a few tweeks . helix have told me that if I just renew my clutch like for like as our cover was 10 years old may have got a bit weaker that the new clutch will cope with 410, im not happy to take the risk therefore im looking for a clutch and cover that will handle 500ftib and a lot of heat rallying ect. any suggestions of a sutable kit

SRE pressure plate & sinter puck disc should do it
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

thanks where is best place to buy these clutchs from , gearbox out now

Comment

just had a look at the SRE web site and im none the wiser which clutch to order ?

Comment

What engine code is the flywheel for? Is it like a 3b unit? I use the Sachs race engineeing 4 puck sintered and pressure plate. It holds over 520 ft lb ok. It's very grabby but ideal for your needs.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I ordered the SRE 4pucks.it should be arrived within this week.so much worried about the
            Driveability in town though.How bad it is Des?
            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

The clutch is good for holding power but very juddery and sometimes noisy. It's not smooth at all and I find it changes the car into more a race car than a daily driver. Some say its very heavy too, but that isn't a big problem. It's not too heavy but in town the car gets tireing quickly with the weight and the jerky driving. I have used plenty of paddle clutches in the past in other cars but this is the worst one I think due to the cars weight being so heavy meens you need to slip the clutch to get going. In a light car less slipping is needed. This clutch doesn't like slipping.

Comment

That's sound really bad for a DD.I had a southbend stage 3+ with
                Kevlar based compound on the clutch disc.so far so good for driving
                In town.i bought the sre sintered anyway.i'll give it a shot.I hope
                I still can drive it.the weird things is when i googled about sre clutch,
                I was surprised when i found only a couple reviews on sre sintered clutch.
                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

I also used to have a southbend stage 3 and it was nice to drive. This Sachs one us about the same weight. Just way more bite and is quite on and off. I mean you can still drive the car in town ok but it takes effort to try and be smooth. I have got a special twin plate Kevlar clutch made I am going to use on my urs4 and keep this Sachs race clutch for my URQ track car. I hope the Kevlar twin can hold the torque from the stroker in my urs4. I will find out in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                  X