• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v8 torsen questions?

Where is the fill plug on the v8 torsen
    differential and are the drain & fill plugs
    reverse thread as in right = loosen and
    left = tighten. Also what is the fluid capacity?
    I've seen online anywhere from 1.6 quarts to
    2.0 quarts.

Item 4. Drains are on the bottom, fill is on the side.

http://audi.7zap.com/en/usa/audi+v8/...5/525-50005/#4

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Fill on Audi diffs are usually up to the bottom of the filler plug.
      They are regular threads, I.e. Left loose
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Its possible with the somewhat exposed position of the drain bung that it may have hit the ground making a little tight to remove. Other issue is the steel and aluminium tend to have reacted over the last 20 years and will be rather stuck for both drain and fill, go gentle, once you get a 1/8 of a turn loosened tighten again and apply oil to the threads then work it out like cutting a thread, 1 turn out half turn in

Comment

I could not get the drains open on my diff. Replaced the oil by sucking it through the fill plug.

Comment

I have had to weld an old bolt into drain plugs to get them loosened off.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

There are two drain holes plugs on the bottom and at least one fill plug on the right side.

The fill plug is on the right side flange as shown below. You want to be able to remove it before you try to remove the drain plugs. These are all Items 4 in the diagram under the photo. IIRC (and I might not), you fill until the bottom of the fill plug hole, i.e. just before it would run out. YMMV.

"Top up the differential oil through the oil fill plug or the open seal. Often the only way to ensure there is the proper amount of oil in the differential is to drain it completely and then fill it with the recommended volume (1.5 litres) of gear oil GL5 SAE 90. Before draining the differential, make sure you can remove the fill plug. On the older cars these plugs take a 17 mm Allen socket wrench. When I removed the drain plugs on my differential, the bottom ÂĽ inch of the case threads came out as white powder from galvanic corrosion over the years"

REF: Step 22 Fred M's Rear Diff Seal DIY: http://12v.org/urs/FredMsAudiUrS4Rea...eftSealDIY.pdf

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Excuse me for messing here, but i have for sale v8 torsen for sale out in a case for 4,11 dif.

Price is 500 euro plus shipping

Comment

I have one at work I've been messing with
                  I started this thread just to insure I dont **** it up.
                  It took me awhile to find one on this side of the pond
                  in good condition for a fair price.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Another question do I use GL90 hypoid gear oil in the v8 rear end or do I
                      use regular synthetic 75w90 gear oil? Also I'm looking for part numbers for
                      the front pinion shaft seal and the big d/s left side axel seal. The left side has
                      a way bigger seal than the right side. I ordered two right side seals by mistake.
                      Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Does anyone how much room for error their is when
                        installing the paasenger side oil seal. I tried to put it
                        down where it was before by marking it with a marker.
                        I smoothed the surface of flange hole with emory cloth.

Comment

You want to make sure the seal lip rides on a fresh section of the flange shaft
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                          X