New RS4 Quattro system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RS4 Quattro system

Just wanted to see if together we can learn how the next generation Quattro system is.

What I have read.
    The difference is a new Center Torsen that has a "diverter added" so instead of providing 50/50 torque split in normal conditions it will provide now 40/60 to de rear.

I have also read that it has the capacity to give 100% torque into one axel (don't believe it though)

I haven't read anything about a rear or front LSD.

I think is an improvement but more for normal Quattro cars. But for the RS4 I think they are missing the point again. Standard BMW have no LSD but the M do, they should have learn from mitsubishi ans Subaru by now and start putting a rear LSD on the RS, it is not that difficult nor costly. Come on Audi!!

Cheers
    94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Also heard about new quattro system

This weekend i attended a Audi meet at the Swedish importers headoffice. There Audi´s Swedish technichal director talked about this new system. He also said that it is supposed to be able to transmit up 100% into one axle.
    I totally agree with you! Even though this center diff may be an improvement it is still one step back from the manual transmission 1992 Audi V8 with rear TORSEN diff.

It´s time to let go of that EDC ****...if you ask me.
    4 wd Turbo Audis rock!

Comment

Oh! That V8 torsen diff. So close when you have it in the garage. Still need to work out how to get it inside the car
      94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Working...
      X