Originally posted by pfi View Post
    Thnx to _ShurikeN and M2ki for info !

Have another question :
    Got a bare axle with :
    - length : 535 mm
    - inner spline : 33
    - outer spline : 30
    Any Idea what this is from ?
    Hi pfi ( I've joined the forum just to ask?)
    bit of a long shot .. this sounds like exactly what I need for one side of my quattro diff into golf syncro subframe project.... Did you figure out where it was from? Is it spare? Do you want to sell it??

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicaldave View Post
      bit of a long shot .. this sounds like exactly what I need for one side of my quattro diff into golf syncro subframe project.... Did you figure out where it was from? Is it spare? Do you want to sell it??

Sorry to hijack this thread, however I'm really interested in your quattro in to Syncro project as that was something I vaguely considered when I owned a MK2 Syncro which I intended to convert to a KR 16V motor but ended up with an S2 instead. Have you got a project thread on any of the other VAG forums?

Oh yeah....
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Sorry to hijack this thread, however I'm really interested in your quattro in to Syncro project as that was something I vaguely considered when I owned a MK2 Syncro which I intended to convert to a KR 16V motor but ended up with an S2 instead. Have you got a project thread on any of the other VAG forums?

Oh yeah....
        ? I got all excited then... I thought pfi had responded already and solved my problem ?..
        No worries, In Europe (and America) VW sold a MK2 Passat (Quantum) (typ32b) syncro. It was never available in the UK. Having tried and failed to find the right parts or car and import it, I thought I would build my own?..... Very basically the passat syncro consists of a golf syncro rear subframe ( different diff mounts) with Audi 80 quattro running gear ( Audi's rear suspension is different).... So that's what I'm doing... Only its getting a V8 too ... It's a VERY long term project I've had the car 20years and the bits for at least 12..... Now that the house is finished and the kids are bigger I've started putting it together ?... It's not on any forums at the moment... If I do it'll be retrorides I expect. Cheers.

Comment

Sorry if I got your hope's up, though I'm sure PFI will be along at some point to help you with your question.

I was never aware of an early four wheel drive Passat, sounds like a very interesting project, thanks for all the details... Good luck with it.

Comment

sorry, haven't found out which model it comes from.
            but, length is the same as for the 2.8 B4 Avant (rear, both sides), maybe it can be something you can use?
            ( the 2.8 axle has 33 inner and 25 outer splines )
            For now, I don't intend to sell, and, shipping will probably be prohibitively expensive...

Comment

sorry, haven't found out which model it comes from.
              but, length is the same as for the 2.8 B4 Avant (rear, both sides), maybe it can be something you can use?
              ( the 2.8 axle has 33 inner and 25 outer splines )
              For now, I don't intend to sell, and, shipping will probably be prohibitively expensive...
              Thanks for getting back to me and the info... I need 30 outer splines ideally. I'm guessing you're not in the UK then. ?

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me and the info... I need 30 outer splines ideally. I'm guessing you're not in the UK then. ?
                Not UK, I'm in Norway

What outer CV (OE#) did You plan to use for 30 outer splines ?

Comment

btw,
                  anyone got the specs for s2 avant rear shafts ?

Comment

Not UK, I'm in Norway

What outer CV (OE#) did You plan to use for 30 outer splines ?
                    Norway looks like a beautiful country. My friend Frode lives in Lillevann.

Outer CV is 321 498 099 EX I think. Standard MK2 golf syncro rear joint, and the same as the front outer joints on my Passat I think.

Comment

Having broken a lot of cars I've actually got quite a few driveshafts and CV joints knocking about, some of which are sold but I'll see if I've got anything spare that maybe of use to you tomorrow. Not too hopeful though....

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                        Having broken a lot of cars I've actually got quite a few driveshafts and CV joints knocking about, some of which are sold but I'll see if I've got anything spare that maybe of use to you tomorrow. Not too hopeful though....
                        That would be amazing. Thanks!

Comment

Hi! New guy here.

I have been getting mixed information from all over the internet, so I registered here to ask you guys about 1991 S2 Coupe Rear drive axles, more precisely about their lenght. Are they supposed to be the same lenght, or is there a difference?

My brother in law has a Prior Design S2 project, and I think we are going to need a little bit of help with that

Comment

One is slightly longer than the other. On the front, one is slightly shorter than the other.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                              One is slightly longer than the other. On the front, one is slightly shorter than the other.
                              hehe,
                              compared to what ?

Comment

I have this on my garage door so I didn't mix them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X