Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AXN gearbox

Hey guys

Does anyone know how much power AXN gearbox on 80 Competition handle?

Thanks

My 80 Competition now is with 7A engine (125kw), AXN gearbox works fine with it. In Latvia was competition with AAN (169kw) engine, wasn`t any problem. No problem, till you would practise quattro starts

Comment

I´m sure the gearbox is fine with stock power. It did fine with 190 kW, but I´m thinking of going for 300 hp atw.
      Last edited by sandman1111; 2 March 2016, 18:23.

Comment

For example, S6(C4) with AAN engines were with 01A type gearboxes, AXN is same type 01A, difference is only in gear ratios, i think, but i`m not sure for 100% . On our local forume was some 80 avant with 4.2 (220kw)engine and 2.8(01A) gearbox if i remember right. There owner broke few gearboxes, lost some gears. So, 01A will hold ~200-250kw. But for more power ofcourse you should get 01E gearbox

Comment

I've had s4 with 5 speed 01e

Comment

Well I have 1 spare gearbox, so I guess I will find out how long does it last . So fitting the 01E, is straight forward? Or does the box and diff need custom brackets? I have seen different opinions.
            Last edited by sandman1111; 2 March 2016, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Azimut View Post
              For example, S6(C4) with AAN engines were with 01A type gearboxes, AXN is same type 01A, difference is only in gear ratios, i think, but i`m not sure for 100% . On our local forume was some 80 avant with 4.2 (220kw)engine and 2.8(01A) gearbox if i remember right. There owner broke few gearboxes, lost some gears. So, 01A will hold ~200-250kw. But for more power ofcourse you should get 01E gearbox
              S4/S6 C4's have 01E gearboxes, both 5-speed and 6-speed are 01E.

Originally posted by sandman1111 View Post
              Well I have 1 spare gearbox, so I guess I will find out how long does it last . So fitting the 01E, is straight forward? Or does the box and diff need custom brackets? I have seen different opinions.
              You need ABY sedan/avant/(coupe?) 01E gearbox brackets to fit it.

Comment

*accidental post*

Comment

Working...
                X