Gearbox options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox options

Ok so i need a new box and need to know what other boxes will fit, Want to do a 6 speed conversion and was wondering if the AAN 6 speed will fit the coupe?.

Originally posted by martinjs
    Ok so i need a new box and need to know what other boxes will fit, Want to do a 6 speed conversion and was wondering if the AAN 6 speed will fit the coupe?.
    I believe it will fit, depending upon your engine type. some need a new flywheel etc. some say you need a subframe. you will definately need a gear linkage which is the most sought after part.

David

Comment

The S4 boxes also fit..... Martin try speaker to Jeffers, he should be able to help you out a bit
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Martin, The AAN box will fit, however, you'll need the plate that's fixed to the top of the box for the S2 style 6 speed linkage. The AAN box doesn't have this fitted.
        Then there's the 6 speed linkage..rocking horse m8. I have the plate and the linkage and it was about to go in the car. As you know, the clutches are going to be later than expected, so it's still in the garage at the moment. Will (Wabtheking) is also looking for a linkage and wanted to use mine to copy. I'm happy to let somone use it to copy if it's going to help 5 to 6 speed conversions in the future. I'll get the pics off my camera and post them on the forum. Perhaps, Will or somone else will be able to judge if it's going to be possible or not. It all looks OK apart from the two ball joints at the gearbox end.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Here's some pics of the linkage. Apologies for the poor quality. The linkage looks hard to copy There are two ball joints and all the angles are complex.
          Attached Files
          91 Modded 3B

Comment

and another
            Attached Files
            91 Modded 3B

Comment

The plate that attaches to the top of the 6 speed gearbox isn't flat. The small shaft that is attached to it, is at an angle too. The small cast arm that is attached to the middle balljoint looks tricky too...
              Attached Files
              91 Modded 3B

Comment

The shaft that goes to the gear knob end is pretty long compared to the 3B unit. It's also constructed in two sections, not sure if this is for adjustment?
                91 Modded 3B

Comment

Hmm, looks a bit tricky alright.
                  Im sure a simpler version could be done though.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH
                    The shaft that goes to the gear knob end is pretty long compared to the 3B unit. It's also constructed in two sections, not sure if this is for adjustment?
                    I don't think there is any adjustment in that part of the linkage.

I have 2 6 speed boxes sitting in the garage - one has fooked selectors and the other is to try in my brothers car. I'm just waiting on the manual before I rip one box to bits.

Sal must have these linkages from cars he is breaking - speak to him
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Working...
                    X