Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not my lucky day! my S2 is stuck in reverse..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not my lucky day! my S2 is stuck in reverse..

Hi!
    hehe... got a big problem...
    Cant get my car out of reverse it's stuck!!!
    anyone know what's wrong.. what can I do to fix it??
    Got a 6 pad sinter clutch.. could that be the problem..?

Got it in gear when I stopped the car..

so I got the car in gear when the engine was off..
    I think I got air in the clutch or something like that
    anyone know what tool to use to get the air out..???

Comment

Originally posted by eXtreemeRS
      so I got the car in gear when the engine was off..
      I think I got air in the clutch or something like that
      anyone know what tool to use to get the air out..???
      It's not common to get air in the clutch. More common are master cylinder failures, but in that case your clutch pedal must go to the bottom and don't get back.

To bleed the clutch - you need to make pressure in the brake fluid container (not huge, but positive presure), after that bleed the clutch master cylinder same way like you bleed brakes. If you will try to "pump" it using pedal - it will not be very usefull BTDT.

Sau
      200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
      CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Wise words from Sau. Use a gadget to pressurise the fluid container and just open the slave cylinder bleeder taking care you don't run out of fluid.

BUT as said, find out why the air is there.

You can change to neutral gear with engine not running?
        -

Comment

oki!!

When engine is not running i can gear and put it neutral.
          when I start it and pushing the clutch to bottom it's impossible to get it in any gear.
          And when I hold my foot gentle on the clutch I acn feel a small vibration.
          The peddal comes back..
          but i'll do try do what u said...

Comment

When engine is not running i can gear and put it neutral.
            when I start it and pushing the clutch to bottom it's impossible to get it in any gear.
            And when I hold my foot gentle on the clutch I acn feel a small vibration.
            The peddal comes back..
            but i'll do try do what u said...
            Sounds similar to when my clutch master cylinder went. It is not uncommon for the actuator pin at the end of the master cylinder to bend. This will stop you from being able to select any gear....

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

hey

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
              Sounds similar to when my clutch master cylinder went. It is not uncommon for the actuator pin at the end of the master cylinder to bend. This will stop you from being able to select any gear....

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Steve

hmm.. it could be.. it happend from 2nd to 3rd gear only 4000rpm, and dident get it in 3 gear.. So I had to drive home on gear sync..
              Is it a masive jobb to figure it out?

Comment

hmm.. it could be.. it happend from 2nd to 3rd gear only 4000rpm, and dident get it in 3 gear.. So I had to drive home on gear sync..
                Is it a masive jobb to figure it out?
                Not being funny, mine did EXACTLY the same thing. 2nd to 3rd, foot went to the floor and the car would not change gear.

As I said, on mine it was the Actuator pin/lever on the master cylinder. According to the mechanic that fixed it at www.theautopool.co.uk this is a common failure for the S2.

I had the clutch and slave cylinder changed that the same time. Cost me about a grand all in!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you need a new clutch and master cylinder.

Cheers,

Steve
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

ahh....

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                  Not being funny, mine did EXACTLY the same thing. 2nd to 3rd, foot went to the floor and the car would not change gear.

As I said, on mine it was the Actuator pin/lever on the master cylinder. According to the mechanic that fixed it at www.theautopool.co.uk this is a common failure for the S2.

I had the clutch and slave cylinder changed that the same time. Cost me about a grand all in!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you need a new clutch and master cylinder.

Cheers,

Steve
                  yeah!! Think we're into sometihing here..
                  my clutch i brand new. It's a 6 pad cinter clutch, so i hope I dont have to change that.
                  If I pull out the pump to the clutch, Is it possible to se if the Actuator pin is bend???
                  One other thing... I got the clutch pump from a Audi 90 2,3 on my S2... maybe the pump is broken...??
                  Im not sure what the meaning of master cylinder is.. ( from Norway )
                  master cylinder = clutch pump????

Comment

Hi,

I have not worked on my car myself so I cannot tell you what you will or won't be able to see.

The clutch Master cylinder is the one behind the clutch pedal under the dashboard inside the car.

The slave cylinder is the one at the clutch end that engages / disengages the clutch when you press the pedal. The two are connected by the hydraulic line with the fluid in.

I hope that exlains the English better for you!

As far as I know (may be others can help) the Master Cylinder (clutch pump!) is unique to the S2 and is usually a back order item from Audi....

Good luck

Steve.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi there!

Ok.. I see.. yeah it helped alot!! thanks man!!
                      better go to the garage!!!

Comment

hmm..

So.. I have replaced the slave sylinder to the clutch.. but that diden't do any god.. got this wierd sound when I push the pedal now..
                        the pedal is tight and god.
                        hmm.. do I need to replace other things??

Comment

Working...
                        X