What gearbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gearbox?

ok, some on here know my car now. I want to extract more out of what I have got without further serious mods (for time-being at least ). However, although always realised had short gears, was under the impression I was running a WR box and diffs, but at recent RR discovered that in fact am still running standard 90 quattro g/b and diffs (4.11). Not only does this mean I cannot achieve 60 in second, but also at 80mph the engines is running at 4000rpm. As the turbo spools up at about 2500, this means I am always running boost and not vacuum and hence really low mpg.
    Would prefer to keep 5 speed box, but what are my options? WHat g/b and what diffs?
    Can one change gearing in box and if so to what - bearing in mind have fair amount of power and torque?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Chris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

u can always try the urq g/b and diff they should bolt straight in just the driveshafts n flywheel may need changin
    if you go for 1 from an MB engine or RR u get torsen diff too
    http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quat...fications.html

HTH
    Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
    0-60 4.9
    1/4mile 13.5

Comment

Also is it good to change to Torsen diffs or better to stay away from it?
      CHris
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

I have never driven non-torsen car, so i dont know. I belive the strongest gearbox is the 016, but that to has short ratios IIRC.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

i'll go out in mine 2mrw n tell you what it can do in each gear
          i know redline 4th is 115mph
          and 5th is the otherside of 160
          Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
          0-60 4.9
          1/4mile 13.5

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy
            i'll go out in mine 2mrw n tell you what it can do in each gear
            i know redline 4th is 115mph
            and 5th is the otherside of 160
            Can we watch for the flashing lights behind you?

David

Comment

frightened yet?
              Attached Files

Comment

send me a PM .have the gearkode and diffcode at home on pc.....at the gearboxes you have the gearkode betveen the upper bolts at the clutchhousing....F,x: AXF,or CBL.......and som nr.....on the diff there are stamped UNDER the housing...f,x AAT or AEC......

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                  Can we watch for the flashing lights behind you?

David
                  it wasnt flashing lights i was worrying about it was mi mate in his S2
                  0-60 4.9
                  1/4mile 13.5

Comment

he couldnt quite catch mi though
                    0-60 4.9
                    1/4mile 13.5

Comment

Working...
                    X