Clutch Pedal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Pedal Question

I have discovered that part of my clutch pedal is split.
    Does anyone know if it is just pressed into the pedal itself?
    If so I'm thinking I could make a new bush at work rather than buy another pedal.

I noticed mine has too. I bet they're all on the way to splitting.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I have a pedal box on the bench at the moment Martin, I will take a look this afternoon and PM you some pics.
      I will be interested in a couple sets of new bushes too if its possible to make something out of acetal or similar
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cheers Alex that would be great.
        I'm not looking forward to removing it.

Comment

Would be nice if somebody can post these pics to here also

Comment

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but to keep this stuff in the one place, people with rhd C4 cars, particular ones with a heavy / old clutch should check their pedal boxes behind where the master clutch cylinder bolts up to. The metal splits with metal fatigue from the repetitive pressing of the clutch pedal.

Mine split exactly as Dave's link that includes a photo of a 'split' rhd pedal box. Good man Dave.

The repair was a metal plate 'made' into a metal 'gasket' and bolted to the underneath of the split bracket using the existing two mounting holes for the master clutch cylinder, with one more hole drilled at the back to bridge the split. The reason I didn't do a second extra hole is is was too hard, for me, to do in such awkward position. When you try it, you'll see what I mean. Fun and games doing it while the pedal box is still mounted in the car.

HTH.

Last edited by macspring; 23 October 2016, 11:54.

Comment

Nice to know. Another thing to check to avoid problems on the road.

Comment

Working...
                X