Audi 4000 transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 4000 transmission

Anyone know about old schoold Audi 4000 Quattro trasnmission. I've seem online that is been used for Audi 5 cyl swap for high Hp projects. Would this tranny fit on S2 3B engine??? They say also the gears are stronger and wider than S2 tranny. Any Help?
    Best Regards,
    Rubens Filho

www.audspeed.com

audi 4000 the US mod....are they like audi 200? or.... the tranny will fit ANY audi if the car are fit with the IL5.... and after 91,ALL AUDIENGINE have the same bolt pattern in the rear of the block.... 4 syl block have only one upper bolt. ive tryed this

Comment

4000 = typ85.

It's 016 series tranny. Fits to 200 20v, but not s2 as the flywheels are different.
      -

Comment

You know they are fine for light cars. I believe the thing that saves the old 80 GTE Quattro trannys and make them withstand those awful power numbers is the fact that the car is light and that it's geared pretty low (loads of engine rev, almost no rev on outgoing shaft, you get the idea). Euro Audi 80 = US Audi 4000

Comment

016 Tranny...

Originally posted by porkkis
          4000 = typ85.

It's 016 series tranny. Fits to 200 20v, but not s2 as the flywheels are different.
          Fits S2 (3B). I have carried out this mod, using the flywheel from an Ur quattro MB. (MB is also 016).

016 box sits straight onto the 3B subframe, using type 85 mounts.

Hardest part was the linkage, required modifications to the tunnel to fit the type 85 selector, but it works fine.

Transmission drive flanges need to be replaced with Ur quattro / 200 quattro items.

Only drawback was the tranny I used came from a 1987 Coupe quattro, so gearing was very low, but accelleration was very brisk. This can be rectified by using an 016 from an Ur quattro. If you use an MB item, you also retain the Torsen diff.

The 016 is stronger than the 5 speed 3B unit.
          L.Carr

Comment

the A80 have the ratio 4,560-1 meaned for the veak 1,8liters the others are 4,111-1... the URQ have also 3,889-1 and the A200 too

Comment

Working...
            X