Clutchnet clutch fitted :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutchnet clutch fitted :D

Well I spent this afternoon doing my all time favourite job, gearbox/clutch replacement.

Everything went well and I managed to do the whole job, including re-packing my exhaust in 6 hours!!! Never done it that fast before, ive even got a hangover

There are a few things with the clutch, when fitting to the flywheel, the 2 timing pins on the FRONT (clutch side) of the flywheel need to be removed as the pressure plate fouls on them. Whilst doing the bolts up, it was stiff to take up the bolts with the spring pressure. I now realise why, you will find that the clutch pedal is a lot harder to press down. This thing is beefed right up

Clutch take up isnt too bad, its fairly progressive but not like a std clutch. I took the car for a short drive to check it was ok, then i tried a launch........... Holy cow, all 4 wheels were spinning with ease with no hint of slipping from the clutch.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Lucky 3B ******! Clutchnet got back to me re: clutch for my RS4, I need to buy their aluminium flywheel, as my dual mass flywheel isn't compatible with their clutch. :-(
    I have a 3B flywheel I can use, but I can't really be bothered. Std VAG friction disc it is then from Vagparts!
    L.Carr

Comment

You'll be looking to beat your PB at GTI International then Tom ?
      Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Okay then, what's next to break in the drive train now the clutch is sorted?

My money's on first or second gear!

Congratulations on breaking your clutch change record too.

I just swapped my cats back to bypass pipes - 2 hours, which I was quite pleased with considering I was on my back.....
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Oh yes, aiming to beat my PB alright!!

Next thing to break will be the gearbox. Im on my 3rd now!!
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Larry Carr: I can get you RS4 aftermarket clutch with flywheel , PM if needed. Rated for 660-670Nm something.
            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Does that mean you wont mind fitting mine then tom?
              Now you have got the hang of it....LMAO

Comment

LMAO, I dont mind at all. But bear in mind that my car has been apart so many times its all nice and unseized!! And the exhaust is all "quick release" (no clamps!)
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Be interested to see how fast it is on the quarter mile now Tom! Cos ur 0-60 time was good last year anyway!
                  Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                  2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Well it launches loads quicker than last year
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Good work Tom, roll on Gti!! Sure you'll be putting down some good times as you finished in the top ten last year IIRC and you've got more goodies this year I expect to see you finish in the top 5 mate

Cheers,

Chris
                      Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

audiman@ what clutchnet clutch did you have in the car.... P/N?? what cost?? pics on the clutchkit???

Comment

Tom, i think you would be an ideal candidate to do the RS4 gearbox conversion, it might cost alot, but will probably save you in the long run on gearboxes, and then you will be overtaking the Starship Enterprise in the repeated acceleration (tarmac tearing) stakes.
                          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

I know it has probably been asked before, but am I correct in assuming that to use the clutchnet clutch kit, (which is 3B) on any ABY you need

- Clutch disc (from Clutchnet)
                            - Pressure Plate (from Clutchnet)
                            - Flywheel (either standard 3B or Clutchnet can supply one?)

And the spacer has to be removed?

thanks

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by AudiS2Au
                              I know it has probably been asked before, but am I correct in assuming that to use the clutchnet clutch kit, (which is 3B) on any ABY you need

- Clutch disc (from Clutchnet)
                              - Pressure Plate (from Clutchnet)
                              - Flywheel (either standard 3B or Clutchnet can supply one?)

And the spacer has to be removed?

thanks

Jason
                              Yes, also the locating 'dowels' in the back of the ABY block that fit into the bell housing are too long and have to be shortened (about 8mm) or replaced with 3B parts.
                              Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                              X