gearbox crunchhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox crunchhhhhh

from 1st under hardish acceliration to 2nd ther is a big crunch ??? The clutch will nedd doing soon so i was thinking will it be a big job to rectifiy.would it be easier to renew the lot while it is out??? any advice would be appreciated.

Can you select reverse cleanley? i.e no crunching? I generally find its one of the best way to see if the cluch is dragging cos theres no syncro on revers to distguise it. If the box isnt stopped then it'll crunch! Do it nice and softly and feel the box!

(if you let the clutch up out of gear and then quickly dip it and selct reverse then it will crunch, but if you dip the clutch and wait a second or two then select revers it won't. cos you let the box stop spinning.) Sounds to me like it may be dragging a bit and the syncro may be a bit tired and "crunch"!

Audi boxes were never the strongest box arround but by far the worst neither!

(try to put posts in relevent sections to m8! i.e transmission in this case. )

Good luck mate and hope its nowt to expensive! that e'll be a first for these cars!

Glen C.
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Sounds like you have typical S2 failure. 2nd gear syncro worn out. Common as muck, mine did the same. No cheap fix, needs the box re-cond. Sorry to piss on your fireworks(no pun intended of course)
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

gearbox crunchhhhh

reverse is fine someone said a rebuild was due and not cheap i bet .But it has to be sorted know any good companies i could use .And how much did yours cost to fix cheers.

Comment

Try a company called Gear Change near Bridgewater, somerset. I use these ppl for work and they are very good. Had my own S2 gearbox done by them, they are very good with warranties too.

Expect to pay somewhere in the region of about 800ish quid!!
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

If the car concerned is a 3B - engined car (5 speed) then it DOES have syncro on the reverse gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagsport
              If the car concerned is a 3B - engined car (5 speed) then it DOES have syncro on the reverse gear.
              He's right! i just presumed 6 speed?
              Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Working...
              X