17" V's 18"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" V's 18"...

I'm looking at fitting new alloys to my S2 but i'm not sure whether to fit 17's or 18's??
    What is the opinion on the forum??....I don't really want to get into lowwering my car as there are some many speed bumps around I could do some serious damage!!...

Cheers for replies

Mike

I think it pretty much comes down to personal preference. People run with 17, 18 and 19 without issues.
    Jon

91 3b S2

Now Sold

Comment

I've got 18" and they were fitted when I bought the car. Never found them to be a big problem for ride quality or stuff like that, the only thing is the tyres tend to be slightly more expensive - but even that is not much of an issue these days because so many production cars are sold with 18" wheels (including Mondeos and Vectras).

Strictly speaking you'd be hard pressed to retain the standard rolling radius with a 19" wheel, but it is possible to keep within accepted percentages.

17" wheels would be a minimum step to allow for extra brake clearance (to install superior brakes) - but 18" would present no problem at all on the radius, and as long as the back clearance on the spokes is good they'd be the choice for running good quality brake hardware.

__MDC__
      Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

i went from standard 16" to 18" rs6 reps with standard suspensioni think it drives alot better tyres are 225x40x18 with an et of 35
        Attached Files
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
        X