Refurbed Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbed Wheels

Just had my wheels refurbished by the Wheel Clinic in Sheffield. Small grubby looking metal finishing speacilaist but did a real good job. Had some RS6 alloys in too! 0114 272 6178 take 3-4 working days to do.

Shot blast front and rear, powder coat front and rear, refit tyre, adhesive balance weights and new valve = £35 + VAT each for a 16" wheel. They can't do Plastic centre caps as they only powder coat, but they did match the wheel to the cap very well.

I took new tyres along and they fitted them and gave me the old ones back (they cannot dispose of them). So I now have Toyo Proxies and damn are they better than the Continental ContiSport crap I used to have. More grip and less noise, really good in the wet too, give you much more confidence

Also I can confirm that the AVUS wheel and Hispec calipers allows enough space for adhesive weights

Here's a couple of pice of the finished wheel.
    Attached Files
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

And the back
    Attached Files

Comment

Get a good wax on them while they are clean - it will make them a lot easier to clean in the future.

They look good and Toyos are great tyres
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Oops I've done about 300 miles on ******, wet and salty roads so they don't look like that anymore! I'll clean them and wax them at the weekend

Comment

Bushy (Steve) does a nice wheel wax. Smells of banana milkshake too. Contact him via www.extremecarcare.co.uk and tell him I sent you..he doesn't know many Lee's with green S2s!. Great chappie too. He should do you a good price and will probably do group discounts too.
          You can guess that I don't put much business his way by looking at how dirty my car is all of the time these days. If people want to group together on purchases then I might be able to arrange something.

Used that wheelwax for several months and it certainly makes cleaning the wheels a lot easier. Highly recommended. Trouble is, I moved house recently and it's not as convenient to wash the car anymore on the driveway.

Lee
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

BTW Your wheels look amazing too! That is a fantastic finish and a really good price aswell. Mught do that to my standard 16" Avus' and try to resell them.

Lee
            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
            X