Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS4 Wheels.

Well guys,

I took the plunge and my 18" RS4 reps arrived this morning. Woo hoo. Just waiting on the hubs so I can get the things on.

Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Pictures!
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Wait, Let me get them on the car first.

Will take pics on my phone of the Hub change for all those who have a CQ20 and are interested in doing the conversion.
      Dark Grey Avant
      RS2 FARB
      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Well guys,

The Hubs turned up this morning with a bit of a surprise in them, The had the carriers attatched. So no new bearings needed. They also had the radial seat wheel nuts o them so they can go back too. The driveshaft bolts I bought don't fit so the old ones (as they looked about 6 months old as do the CV boots) went back on so they can go back too. All in all a pretty good saving really.

Just got to find the recipts

On the even better side of things I now have a coupe riding on 18" RS4 wheels. Sticks to the road a bit better but seems to accelerate a tad slower (even though the speedo reading is 1.6% lower than actual (way hay)).

The new brakes work well. Cheers Volcano and the rear Brembo discs seem to have made a bit of a difference too. Unfortunatley my braided hoses did not turn up so they will have to be done in a few weeks and the S2 calipers didn't make it onto the car either due to lack of light (and wanting to get the wheels on in 1 day).

So no photos of a hub change as the carriers were changed too (so I didn't see the point). Sorry.

Good new is I have got some bits to sell on ebay to recoup some more money.

I will post a before and after photo tomorow for you but in my mind the change makes the car look SWEET!!!!!

Cheers

Aaron
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Working...
        X