Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone who can V mod please

Can someone put these rs6 wheels on my car please

Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Just a quick hack
    Attached Files
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

blimey that was quick!

doesn't look bad. the rs4 and rs6 are equally nice wheels, just like a change
      Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Theres a post with my car on a set of 19" RS6 wheels in the garage meet pics if thats any use to you for getting the image.
        Car is at roughly the same angle as yours in that pic.
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Aye i took the pic
          Attached Files

Comment

Jamo, are those 19's?

just doing my wish list for wheels and I think the RS6 alloys are at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy
              Jamo, are those 19's?

just doing my wish list for wheels and I think the RS6 alloys are at the top.

Yes they are, have to say they look right proper on the car as well, Ant can comment on the ride quality.

Comment

Yes they are 19's, thats with QRS Top Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, H&R Springs.

The ride is now fairly bumpy, but thats more due to the suspension than the wheel / tyre combo IMO, as i had the 19" wheels with 35 profile tyres on there for 6+ months before fitting the suspension parts and ride wasnt much worse than before on the 17's with 45 profile tyres.

Ive needed to fit some 5mm spacers on the back (Thinnest i could find on the day i put them on the car) As the shoulder of the tyre was just catching the bottom of the spring cup on the back with ET35 wheels. When i had these fitted i also needed to get slightly longer wheel bolts for the back to compensate for this which i sourced from R-Tech as they are just up the road from me.

Other than that, they are a direct fit and can get full lock fine, the only time the tyres touch the plastic inner linings are under very heavy braking in a straight line or in reverse for some reason, otherwise they are fine, Ive had the car 5 up with a boot full of gear as well without any problems.
                Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

if ur selling ur wheels ... any chance of a look?

Comment

will keep everyone posted if i sell them

Its "only" £350 for a set of new 18" rs6 alloys, worth keeping both sets and changing them each year for a different look lol

Comment

Working...
                    X