Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check it out doug some one else with audi 19s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check it out doug some one else with audi 19s...

Thats
    hot!
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Very Nice

They look surpriingly good on the car - I didn't think they would look that good.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Dough.. i was told you have rs2 repicas 18inches? Is this correct?

how much did they come to and will they fit on a standard s2? goto say best looking rims on a s2 i seen so far.
      ABY Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

Dough is ur car also lowered?

I used to have these on ... http://www.gamebashers.net/images/s2.jpg

well i didnt, but previous owner did who is my brother.. now he curbed it and it kept sliding with them rims as he got the 215's instead of the 205's (whichever it is, he got one size up).

if i get these rs2 replicas, what are the chances my grip will be degraded?

Many thanx in advance..

Mark
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

Ski - Is the Dough refering to me dude? Doug or Dougal

That is not my car in the above picture - someone elses on 19s - but I have 19s as well

The type of wheel doesn't make a difference to grip - the tyres will.

I have RS4 style wheels - you get the RS2 ones but they are usually in 17s and are Porsche wheels.

Tyres and alignment need to be right to get the grip.

Wheel and tyre packages can be foundat Monty's, rochford and tyresave + others - do a seach in here - i've posted links before. And there are pics of my car on a few differnet wheels - I have had the following on my S2s:

16" Avus
          18" Porsche Turbo
          18" AZEV M
          18" Momo Status
          18" RS4
          19" RS4
          Last edited by Doug_RS2; 9 January 2004, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
            The type of wheel doesn't make a difference to grip - the yres will.
            What are 'yres' Doug? Where do I get some for mine??
            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
              What are 'yres' Doug? Where do I get some for mine??
              Haha - i fixed it - just for you Lee

My spelling is as bad as eveyone elses :nana:

Comment

My spelling is as bad as eveyone elses :nana:
                ...me included! Sorry, Doug, couldn't resist!

I thought Azev M's looked awesome on your car...shame they weren't that strong!

@Anyone, any more details about the rims in the first post of this thread. I have only seen this style in 20" but I could be completely wrong. Anyone got info on offset, rim width etc. They look awesome. Were these available in 19" and 20" on the new A8? Or are they some sort of copy?

I can also add that even though the pictures of Doug's 19" wheels look fantastic, they look even better in the flesh! Stunning wheels but they needed machining to fit on the front, right? Really complemented by the lowering too! Top modification, dude.

Designun Limited....

Comment

Sorry i was refering to your self Doug, misspelled your name.. prob a few times too

I find it hard to belive that wheel width doesnt effect the grip as the pressure per square inch will change.

Also the wheels which were wider seemed to slide more, and give a unatural feeling while driving the car.. this was the first time i had custom wheels on and was put of the idea of wheel upgrades ever since (following an accident due to the grip (by the previous owner before you all start laughing at me ))

Anyone had problems with 19inch wheels rubbing on a standard s2?

Does anyone know whos the s2 is with them looovely rims?

the pic i attached was of my s2.. the pic i was and am refering to is the one in the forums issues section where Greg_S posted a load of pics from a s2 meeting..

this one >> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vfm.200...t/Dougs2sm.jpg

something about a billing meeting? so is this s2 lowered? or will simply adding them wheels give me same look?
                  ABY Coupe
                  sigpic

Comment

If narrower tyres had more grip why would you fit anything wider than 135 section on a Ferarri? My 18's have a huge amount of grip on 235/40R18 section and way more than stock 205/55R16 (same tyre brand). I tried Avon ZZ1s and they were like driving on a ice rink when pushed on a dry road...naff! I really rate S-02s in the dry but they are not so good in damp weather compared to something like Goodyear Eagle F1s. But then the F1's don't have the same level of grip and predictability on a dry track and suffer from a really flexible sidewall which doesn't help grip but does improve comfort. Sidewall stiffness and suspension setup all affect grip and wear. Not all tyre brands are the same don't forget: rubber compounds blah blah blah. Don't expect a 'remould' to have the same grip or life as a semi-cut slick on a dry race track even if they are the same width. I don't think you will find that a narrow tyre has more grip than a wide one with all other things being equal (tyre brand, profiles, suspension geometry etc). Aquaplaning resistance and driving in snow/mud are a different matter!

My tyres rub slightly when thrashed across the bumpy stuff (or every couple of feet when the car is 5-up: myself, Greg, John [Newsh], Mihnea and Doug). But that is mainly because the rear suspension configuration on the Avant leaves less room for tyres than the Coupe. Does going to 19s necessarily mean a larger width or rolling radius? That all depends on which brand and tyre size you chose. If clearances are tight you have to bear in mind that every tyre manufacturer interprets tyre sizes slightly differently. I have seen tyres with the same 'size' on the sidewall but actual width varied by almost an inch on the same rim.......buyer beware!

Designun Limited....

Comment

I misunderstood what you wrote Ski - I meant the type(manufacturer) of wheel(not tyre) won't make a differnece to grip.

(before anyone starts - yes weights might make a difference - but I doubt we would notice it since our hubs/brakes/wishbones/lower struts weigh a ton anyway)

Yes - 19s rubbed on mine - the rears are fine but the fronts are tight - but that is probably because they are 235 wide - if they were 225 they would not rub. I still have to get the masking plastered all over the arches/mudflaps to try and find where I have a rub under hard braking.

Mmm - let's think about this - who's S2 could the picture be: Dougs2sm.jpg

It is lowered and has 19s in that picture - that pic is actually taken before I got 5mm machined off the front wheels.

I do not know who 's the pic at the top of this thread is - but I like it.

Those A8 stylee wheels can be had from the usual replica wheel shops in 19s.

Comment

Those A8 stylee wheels can be had from the usual replica wheel shops in 19s.

Are they available 8" wide? 8.5" is too wide for the Avant IMHO. What about 20"x8"? Anything available from the standard Audi cars?

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                          .What about 20"x8"? Anything available from the standard Audi cars?
                          never mind the wheels - what tyres are you going to put on it? 20" tyres are wiiiiiiide. Go for it Lee

Comment

damb.... im shocked.. so the moral of the story is that if i had exactly same wheels tyres etc.. but 235 rather than 225 (i presume this is standard width) then i would have better grip on road? (dry streets) ?

If so, whats the most popular setup for best grip fellas? 18's 235's ? (dry road use)
                            ABY Coupe
                            sigpic

Comment

They are the 19" new A8 wheels I'm thinking off. I need to have a word eith one of our Audi parts managers as he's just sold a set of 20" rims to a new A8 owner and has a set of those just begging to be squeezed onto mine.

They are 8.5" x 19 Et45 though. Offset isn't a major problem as spacers can sort that. Only thing is (and I think Lee maybe right) will 8.5" rims fit in the back arches of an avant?

Ben
                              the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                              1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
                              X