Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these good tyres?

2254018zr Cooper Avon Zeon 2-xs

I don't think so, especially if you compare them to the top names, Goodyear, toyo, pirelli, michelin etc. I wasn't impressed with a set of Avon ZZ3s that I tried last time and they wore out quick! Although they've got to better than ****angs or Linglongs!!!
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

kumho any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044
        kumho any good?
        Chris mate you having a laugh!

Comment

Just bite the bullet and buy some tried and tested tyres

Pirelli Pzero Rosso/Nero
          Goodyears
          Bridgestone
          Conti's
          Uniroyal Rainsports etc...etc....etc

These are the most important choice IMO. If you have huge brakes and crap tyres you still aint going to stop well. Spend ya money wisely
          Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
          S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

thx chaps

Comment

for what its worth, i totally agree. Remember that the tyre is the only bit of the car actually in contact with the ground. If you booger that bit up then all is lost!

if you want cheaper tyres, try mytres or etyres on the web.

HTH

Tim

Comment

Ceat tyres zr 150mph + (any thoughts)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044
                  Ceat tyres

I give up
                  Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                  S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

im on a budget ok .... obvisiously people on ere dont know their tyres .. if they are reasonable grip then ok ... cause apparently u can get pretty good performance from lower cost tyres... they have come a long way apparantly...
                    ... There's a good deal on certain wheels im looking at i wanted some piece of mind on some tyres ok

they are CEAT Tornado ZR ......... but thx anyway

Comment

mate no!

try something like this (Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 225/45 R17 Y or Z):

http://www.etyres.co.uk/car-tyres-uk...productId=2663

£105 quid a corner, basically

I have no idea what size you want, so i just put in what i'd probably buy for an RS2. The price includes fitment AT YOUR DOOR. This is for a 17" rim, don't know what you need.

Alternatively, you could go to

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html. Same tyre would only cost you £84.20. However, that does not include fitment so you'd have to find a friendly garage to do that for you. Lots will do it for about £5 per tyre.

If you're thinking of buying cheap ones because you want to sell your car with "new" tyres, I wouldn't. If i saw a car advertised as "with new tyres" and turned up to find ***** ones on there, I would walk away on principle without even giving the car a secodn glance. False economy.

Yes, I am a tyre snob

HTH

Tim

Comment

Pirelli P Zero Rosso, the best on fast cornering.

Comment

Hey Chris5044.....

I have Avon ZZ3's on my coupe, and i think they are fine, the cooper zeons are basically the same as the zz3's i know i'd rather have them on my car, as oppsed to federals or some other make like that, depends whether you want to use the roads as a track, or just normal driving, Cooper/Avons have come on a lot, hope this helps.....

Jimer
                          93/94 S2 Coupe ABY, RS4 Replica's,Kamei Grill, Thats it at the mo:cry:
                          More To Come Soon!!!!!:rock:

Comment

if you want cheap tyres then kumho are ok compared to the micky mouse ones you're on about

Comment

Drive a car on Avons and then drive a car on Toyo / continentals / goodyears

You'll never buy cheap tyres again.

The 4 rubbers are what keep you on the road, skimp on them and your dicing with death, that is no dramtics especially in a heavy performance car like the S2.

Your choice you can save now and pay with your life later.
                              Last edited by Jamo; 2 March 2006, 21:14. Reason: Drink? can tell what i'm thinking about

Comment

Working...
                              X