cambered wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cambered wheels?

I have recently brought an S2 and I have just notice that both the rear wheels are cambered inwards. Is this normal or does it mean the previous owner probably had a crash and hit a kerb or something?

Also my car seems to jerk abit at low revs in second gear. When i put my foot down it seems to cure the problem, I also notices that when driving at speed in 3rd or 4th sometimes I get a real boost of power at about 5,000 revs and othertimes it just increases slower.

I have at the moment got my intake pipe taped up as it has got a rip in it but I have seeled it good and can't see this being a major problem. I'm desperate for the next Samco batch but don't think there is going to any for awhile. The car is a 3b model.

Can anyone help thanks.

Ian
    1991 S2 3b, Samco Hoses, RS2 IC, 18'' RS6 Wheels, Forge Dump Valve, Scorpion Exhaust System, Decatted, MRC Remap

Ian, I would do a boost leak test first just to check for any leaks. What kind of jerks are you getting?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Certainly sounds like air leak issues. Check out S2central.net technical pages for suspension info where you can see all the alignment specs.

Send me a PM if you are interested in the 3B turbo hoses... I'll have a new order in the works by end of March so you'll have them by end of April.

Paul

Originally posted by ian_jemo
      I have recently brought an S2 and I have just notice that both the rear wheels are cambered inwards. Is this normal or does it mean the previous owner probably had a crash and hit a kerb or something?

Also my car seems to jerk abit at low revs in second gear. When i put my foot down it seems to cure the problem, I also notices that when driving at speed in 3rd or 4th sometimes I get a real boost of power at about 5,000 revs and othertimes it just increases slower.

I have at the moment got my intake pipe taped up as it has got a rip in it but I have seeled it good and can't see this being a major problem. I'm desperate for the next Samco batch but don't think there is going to any for awhile. The car is a 3b model.

Can anyone help thanks.

Ian
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

The jerks are not too bad. It is like the engine isn't getting the air it needs to run properly. It is as if the engine is coughing at low revs if you know what I mean. If I give it some more throttle the car is fine. I think its probably linked with a boost leak issue but not too sure,

hopefully I can get some Samcos to see if it makes a difference. Does anyone know how easy it is to fit Samco Hoses to a 3b model? I have looked at some of the piping before because of the ripe in the intake pipe, do you need to remove the intercooler to get to the pipes?

Thanks

Ian
        1991 S2 3b, Samco Hoses, RS2 IC, 18'' RS6 Wheels, Forge Dump Valve, Scorpion Exhaust System, Decatted, MRC Remap

Comment

Working...
        X