Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225's and 265's

Haudi people

I've been offered some 18" for next to nothing and I was wondering if they would fit or not so here I go checking what has been said about it and well I'm still none the wiser.
    So would anyone know if a set of

FRONT: 18" 225/40 as far as I've read into the thread the front are fine tight but ok
    BACK: 18" 265/35 I have no idea about whether or not to get spacers with what mm needed.

Getting more info on them would be differcult cus he just doesn't know but someone else told him they would fit fine hmmph I doubt a mate of a friend would know.

So can anyone

cheersen AudiManDan
    AudiManDan

By my calculations there is 0.87% difference in those tyre sizes.
    Didn't MTM use a 265 on the front of their RS2/RSR Coupé? I'm not sure how they managed to clear the track rod ends and the arches. I'm not sure about putting 265 on the rear either.
    If you can get them for next to nothing, give it a try and report back to us.
    SS

Comment

the 265 wont fit on a s2 without modification.

245-255 is the maximum you'd get without modifaction.

You'd want the large tyres upfront on the S2 as it's 4WD

Comment

As Rims go you can't complain at deep-dish, split-rim, phat OZ chrome, 18" wheels of joy the width is just a problem to get round.

Example: look at the 911 engine in the wrong place and that makes the car, in other words it'll be character building cus it might not even happen.

Well they're cheap for what they are. Also i bought 13mm spacers with bolts and center thingys to make sure. I report back next week as I'll be in Cambridge visiting family, first long distance in the silver machine this time.
        Plus hopefully getting the new rubber
        AudiManDan

Comment

If you run with 225/40 18 in front you HAVE to use 255/35 18 on the rear because of the circumference! Otherwise you might kill the drivetrain.......I have this tyre combination on my S4 saloon. I have 7,5x18 in front with 225/40-18 and 10x18 with 255/35-18 on the rear.
          2003 VW Passat Highline 130 TDI wagon with ALL options.

Comment

That is only true if the wheels are differnt widths front and back. To reduce understeer the wider tyres can be kept on the front.

I posted a thread not long ago about tyre sizes etc
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

im planning on running 235/40/18 on the front and 265/35/18 on the rear, think theres 3mm differance in height so not too bothered bout that as you could have that much on worn tyres

rim sizes are 8.5j front and 9.5j rears

Comment

would i be ok with 17inch wheels with 225, 40 all round? also could i do the same with 18inch wheels?
                Chef

Comment

With 17 inch wheels i would go for 225/45-17 instead of 225/40-17. 225/40-18 is perfect
                  2003 VW Passat Highline 130 TDI wagon with ALL options.

Comment

and it will run fine?
                    Chef

Comment

225/45 17's run no problem. My wheels are 8.5" wide, 35mm offset. you may be able to run 235/40 17's instead too
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                        225/45 17's run no problem. My wheels are 8.5" wide, 35mm offset. you may be able to run 235/40 17's instead too

yip , you can run 235/40 with 17's

Comment

Just to say, Dan/ Sephiroth, have you been playing Final Fantasy VII or something with that username?!

Can reiterate the above on 225/45/17 fitting fine, that's what I have no problem
                          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                            Just to say, Dan/ Sephiroth, have you been playing Final Fantasy VII or something with that username?!

Can reiterate the above on 225/45/17 fitting fine, that's what I have no problem
                            Yep I did the username has been used by me to long to change it so...

Anyway I'm back now Cambridge was fun and had a look at the rims. Apon seeing them I straight away had to make up a reason to tell them I'm not having them, I told him previously I'll just have them no matter.
                            Well I would not have been seen with such boyracer rims on an audi.
                            Although they might have fitted alright I just wasn't having any of it and made it out of there quickly-quietly.
                            AudiManDan

Comment

There's a new FFVII DVD coming out which is a CG film of "what happens after the game ends" called "Advent Children", might want to check it out...

Sounds like the alloys weren't all you were hoping for - keep looking, glad to hear you're retaining the "S2-stealth" mode
                              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
                              X