Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( Got a buckled wheel!!!

Hey guys.

I have got a buckled wheel (been driving a bit too hard recently!) SO the choices are, buy a new set of alloys without tyres 18" again as I have 2 tyres sat here waiting to be used and buy another two. OR buy a set of 17" to help prevent it happening again.

What do you think. (If I was to go for 17" I would revert to the AVUS style).

P.S. It might be more than one wheel buckled as they took off the passengers front only and it was a bit eggy so I told them to put it back on and left! Hence the buying of new wheels, Then I can send these ones off to be refurbed/reshaped. Shame really as they aren't that old.
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

good read
    http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs...=25836&start=0

Go for the 17'' avus style
    http://www.autoalloyz.co.uk
    sigpic

Comment

I thought it could be the shocks too as the deflection in the wheel is minor, also thought it could be the tyres as they are the cheap ones that came with the wheels. I have had the wheels balanced before quite a few times but have still had the vibration throught the steering wheel and seat (rear wheels) at certain speeds. I need to get the wheels checked out properly (not by kwik fit) to get a second opinion on them but it has got to be one of two things, The tyres or the wheels. Being told I had a slightly buckled wheel put it straingt into my mind that that must be it but reading that has brought all my old thoughts back. Anyone reakon a 2nd opinion on all the wheels and possibly change the tyres on two of them (as I have two sitting around that are new) put them on the front and give it a whirl?
      Dark Grey Avant
      RS2 FARB
      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

wonder how much he would do them avus without tyres for?????
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Working...
        X