Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tyres for RS2 cups?

Hello everyone.
    i have been having some problems with my goodyear F1 im using now,and probably will be changing my tires in the winter.What do you think the best choice for 225/45/17 would be for this vehicle?
    I have heard of lots of options.Pirelli P-zero Rosso,Continentals,yokohama parada etc.

Climate here is quite hot in the summer and fairly cold in the winter reaching only -4-5 degrees celcius(nothing big you see).Our roads are quite slippery and i have noticed that i can drift quite easily with the goodyears,but other than that,i havent noticed anything bad with them.

opinions??

cheers!
    Vasilis

anyone?

Comment

Hi!
      first where are you from?
      second the RS2 had in first equipment Dunlop 8000 tyres they where developed expressely for the car i've beeen told.......
      Problem: any other tyre in the 245/17/40 doesn't fit nicely on the RS2 cup wheel.....
      i had for a couple of times P Zeros Rosso in that size and i must say that the tyre look awful......you have a sort of sausage on the side......
      this is due to the 7" on the wheel i reckon that 7 1/2 will be much better for that particular size anyway the tyre itself it's on my opinion very good all around
      but right now i have PZeros Rosso on 225/45/17 and they are much better in look and handling as well so i will suggest to come down to that size
      in winter time i drive on Pirelli Sottozero winter tyre on the same size because i love to drive in the snow.........and it's FUN! something to try!
      Ciao everybody!
      http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

I've currently running Pirelli Neros in 225/45ZR17 94Y (high load speed index-stronger sidewalls) on mine and I'm very impressed with them all round. Many others also agree at present that this is the optimal RS2 tyre (at present)
        Alastair
        RS2

Comment

Hello Veneto,
          im from Greece,I know all that about the Dunlop special tyre for the RS2,since the previous owner,as i have read much about it,which is why i have downgraded to 225/45/17 tyre and been running this pretty nicely which is a good enought tyre for this 7inch wheel.As you can see,i already use 225 tyre (goodyears)from the previous owner which are still good, but i would like to ask the options on different types of tyre.What is the difference on the Neros/rosso?

Also since here in Greece it tends to get really hot without ever getting very cold or icy or rainy all year,what tyre could suit all those conditions?

cheers!
          Vasilis

Comment

Still say nero over rosso (older design but still a good p zero) with the load rating which is important.
            Suits our warm weather at the moment and hangs on in the wet !
            Alastair
            RS2

Comment

I've got 235's on my RS at the mo, and because of the 7" rim it handles terrible - lol. Any chance of someone's car pics with a 225 fitted, I'd like to see how the car sits with them on?

thx

Comment

I do not have a picture to hand but it looks fine. It really should do as the OEM Dunlop 8000 245 is in fact about the same width as many more modern 225 designs. The handling with a good 225 e.g. nero 225/45 94Y is much, much better. Oh and you can avoid the potential of an inner wall failure at high speeds !
                Alastair
                RS2

Comment

Thanks Alg, I've asked a friend to quote me on some of those Nero's. I can always sell the 235's on as they're not that worn out.

Comment

Working...
                  X