inside tyre wear again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inside tyre wear again

For the second time my front tyres are showing signs of bad wear on the inside edge only.tracking was checked after the first set of p zeros done the same.I'm running 225 18 on new s4 wheels, may be its them or do they require a differant camber. thecar is a urs5 by the way.
    cheers Lou

Sorry I mean S6 pressed the rong button

Comment

Is your suspension lowered?
      If so the camber will always be out, you need to modify the plates that the top mounts bolt to
      Corey
      01636 822288

Comment

my suspension is lowered and I don't see inner wheel wear? When i wore out the inside edge of the wheels, i found my wishbone bushes were shot
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Sounds like camber to me, mine had a camber issue and wore the inside edge
          Ragusa Coupe gone!
          sigpic
          VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
          VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
          vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
            my suspension is lowered and I don't see inner wheel wear? When i wore out the inside edge of the wheels, i found my wishbone bushes were shot
            On S4/6's you cannot achieve the correct camber when they are lowered, especially when you fit larger wheels.
            It doesn't affect S2's the same, you're lucky!!!
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

My issue was not caused by lowering but by ****ing of central traffic island and bending of something! Fixed now though.
              Ragusa Coupe gone!
              sigpic
              VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
              VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
              vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

No the suspension has not been lowered, the only thing thats been done to the car is that the offside was rebilt after the nylon nut on the antiroll bar came of and caused the wheel to collapse. The repairs where done on insurance by one of the best accident repair garages in the area. I changed the wheels about 6 months latter they were brand new including the p zero rosso's. the tyres on the front at the moment are avons, and they have gone the same way, worn right on the inside corner.

Comment

If it has not been lowered then it is just an alignment issue
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

The alignment was checked when I fitted the second set of tyres, four wheel alignment they said , but do;se that cover the camber,my origanal s6 16s wore the tyres on the out side, which I believe is normal
                    I can;t help thinking it is something to do with the s4 wheels, they were much heaver than the origanals and made the car feel slower, like you had the brake on or something. Is it possible that new suspension parts on one side only could cause this.
                    The bushes where checked and are ok any ideas

Comment

I have always been of the opinion that bits like suspension bushes etc should really be replaced in pairs, if you have wear on the inside of the tyres then it's a camber problem, i too have always found the quattro in any format i have owned to wear on the outside too. I would get it checked again this time by audi, it may well have something to do with the wheels being heavier putting more strain on old bushes perhaps, just a guess though.

Iain

Comment

Working...
                      X