Oh Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Crap

Just gone to get the front wheels balanced... only to find the garage who last had the wheels off/on have stripped the teeth off from the inside of the locking nut socket. I'm waiting on the garage who sold me the wheels to get back to me, but they sounded disinterested.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get a wheel bolt out.... on all four wheels (Doh!)

Plan was, get the front wheels balanced, get my skinny 16s sorted with some tyres (£69 fitted for 150mph V rated - good enough for the january-March snowy time) and bung the skinny ones on (16s) whilst cleaning and waxing the 18s for when I get decent brakes on.

Typical F^&*ing luck

PJ
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Jeez you having it bad at the minute. Seems that you are having Tom's usual luck. come to think of it he is very quite

So your locking nut socket is knackerd not the locking wheel bolt?

Maybe you could get someone to weld some pins onto a hex bar?

Maybe this EMERGENCY LOCKING WHEEL NUT REMOVER would work

http://www.motorshack.com/acatalog/W...Servicing.html

good luck
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Ya thanks for that m8, will give em a ring.

On another note, I got quoted £315 for the respray of the bonnet, blend into front wings, and top of drivers door (includes stripping old paint off and doing from scratch). They're gonna need the car for 3 days though so just wondering when to get it in, but will let you know results after It's been done (you still wanting yours doing?)

On another another note, I chipped the wife's boring Tdi with a tuning box and it goes like **** off a shovel now. Can't help wonder what a revo'ed 150tdi would go like (190bhp, 300+ft lb from 1500 rpm)... must resist the dark (and sooty) side... must resist the dark side...

Saying that though, it's not that usable in 1st and 2nd - the traction control light flickers like a xmas tree. Still, 48mpg average ... must resist the dark (and sooty) side... must resist.. etc

I posted in another thread about your brother - is his name Hilton? Your mum and dad stay in a hotel when he was conceived or something?

:nana:

Will let ya know how I get on (just waiting for the car to explode now.)

PJ

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Paul

Keep me posted on the spray job, I really need my bonnet mirros and rear bumper doing.

I sent you a PM re my brother - did you not get it?

Also let us all know how you get on with the wheel bolt.

Comment

I have asked one of my contacts and he will paint a bonnet for £120 + materials ( I think about £30) solid or metallic. I have seen his work and it is great.

This is a new or bare bonnet price. You will have to get out the paint stripper.

How about another bonnet. Then you don't have to have the car off the road? a lot of the cost is the paint stripping.

Contact David Bower he is near Wilmslow 01625 820223. map below:
          http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...dr_client=none

for your locking wheel nut removal tool try sealey tools available from a lot of car body shop suppliers or mail order as below.
          http://www.justoffbase-tools.co.uk/t...ent=1I253P47M0

Comment

Stick Insect

I might PM you about this later. I need some work doing.

Comment

A picture of the offending article, if anyone has anything that might fit? ( )

Hope it turns out alright (I had to shrink it down from 4.5mb). The black arrow shows where 'teeth' should be

On the other thing about getting bonnet done... Well I figure the cost of a new bonnet plus spraying etc will pretty much be around the same (comes to £268 plus vat.) as driving over to Lancashire (at 21mpg), although it does start ideas in my head rolling around with things like 'Bonnet Vents', especially near the area where a cone filter would be, or over the turbo. I suppose the most useful thing would be an Impreza style hump, but then you're getting into the realms of lax power style looks

Still pondering on that one, and I'll bear the suggestion in mind, cheers Stick Insect. (Do you have a real name or will 'Stick Insect' do?)

Cheers, Paul
              Attached Files

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Real name is David Ward, Stick insect is a nick name I got when I used to play Rugby for Wilmslow. It then was my handle on CB. since then i've decided to 'stick' with it!

I rebuild Morris Minors for a hobby.

I work for a computer company who are system integrators.
                My company sells Computer network monitoring systems from a company called Mutiny http://www.mutiny.com They have a scooby rally car on this site.

Things are a little quiet at the mo hence why I am on the forum a lot.! Also waiting for the girlfriend to give birth (13th) may get the call anytime so I'm not getting too involved with anything. Apart from the forum!

A bonnet from a breaker would be about £40 quid which would not need stripping. Dave could get one, paint it and then you just turn up. swap bonnets and off you go.

new ones from GSF are about £80 (Non genuine)

Comment

Ah right - welcome to the forum

The little monster under my name is my boy, Alexander - 5 months old, gets up 4 times a night for a feed, and yeah, I get pissed off with other parents saying 'well mine sleeps 13 hours straight through.' Grrrr

Good luck with the young un. We're only having one so I'm gonna spoil him rotten. Buying a projector next month so he can watch disney films on (yes, at 5 months he watches the telly. Honest. Ahem.) and he can talk already, though only to me. He's asked for a chipped X Box and a Playstation 2, though not in a language the wife recognises. He also asked for a scalectric, remote control plane, and an RS2 conversion for Dad's car. Who am I to refuse?

Hehehehe (evil Bart simpson laugh)

Paul

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Hi Paul, I had assumed that the photo was not of you.

Girlfriend thinks that getting rid of the 4X4 mondeo 5 door and replacing it with a 2 door 4X4 coupe is not a good idea.

I have a brand new Minor shell in the garage and it would make a great 18th birthday present with 1.8 k' series engine 6 speed caterham box etc.

Comment

Originally posted by APNess
                      Ah right - welcome to the forum

The little monster under my name is my boy, Alexander - 5 months old, gets up 4 times a night for a feed, and yeah, I get pissed off with other parents saying 'well mine sleeps 13 hours straight through.' Grrrr

Good luck with the young un. We're only having one so I'm gonna spoil him rotten. Buying a projector next month so he can watch disney films on (yes, at 5 months he watches the telly. Honest. Ahem.) and he can talk already, though only to me. He's asked for a chipped X Box and a Playstation 2, though not in a language the wife recognises. He also asked for a scalectric, remote control plane, and an RS2 conversion for Dad's car. Who am I to refuse?

Hehehehe (evil Bart simpson laugh)

Paul
                      Class!

Maybe the Simpsons' baby translator thing would help! You could rig it to do the appropriate translations after a few tweaks to the electroplonics!!
                      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Lee - ya, another classic episode that one! (I *have* to get round to buying simpsons on dvd)

David (SI) - stick a 1.9 tdi engine in. On another forum a fellow is putting a 130tdi passat engine into a westfield - fettled to 260 ish hp and 487lb ft going thru a quaife box :eek2:

now THAT would be a sight to see. Apparently propane runs nicely in diesels...

PJ

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

The main problem with engine transplants is the bulkhead has to be cut. The front to back of the engine has to be less than 22".

The most practical idea is to use a Suzuki Swift twin cam 1.3 with a Suzuki 413 gearbox ( transfer box removed) in the minor.

I'd love a diesel in the 1949 lowlight tourer ( not genuine roof chop)I'm currently working on. Mine should look like the one in the following link:

http://www.morrisminoroc.co.uk/history/seriesMM.html.

My other one 1950 and genuine will just have to put up with a super charger that is in the garage.

I wonder if VW did a box that would bolt on instead of the horrible Sierra thing.

Comment

The tool from sealey (sx200) is like a inside out spiral stud remover, completely knackers the nut on removal.I need one at the moment but you need an air wrench to use it.Got a mate to make up another tool but the pins just sheared off when trying to undo it.Think i might take mine down to kwik fit or somewhere, im sure they get it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                            X